Making masks

Posted By andrew.genaille 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
andrew.genaille
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday

So less than a year ago I made a mask for a short film I was doing; How I made it was take a picture and used crazy talk animator to create a head, then sent it to character creator, then hit the body after putting it into iclone 7. I think it worked nicely.

So where I’m at now is I want to make a short that’s several masks inside a museum talking to each other. Which requires creating the masks from scratch... I’m First Nations and we have rules we follow concerning masks and their mean so I can’t use any in the museum as they stand for something.

Is there anybody interested in modelling masks for the store or as a donation (I live on a northern reserve, we’re flat broke up this way).

Or the other route is was looking at was using photos and meshroom to create obj files of masks we have... so am wondering if they can be facially rigged as masks alone without bodies in 3D exchange.

Reading This Topic