Newbie Questions about Landscape and Terrain

Posted By rowjlan 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
rowjlan
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hey all! 

I'm making my first forays into creating environments for (and in) iClone. Lot of fun! Questions on that: 

1. Can we create environments that are larger than the Grid? Like on the scale of a video game level? So far when I open the stock terrains in the library, or import a grayscale height map, it seems like the terrains are still only as big as the initial grid. 

2. On that note, does anyone have experience with importing a game level, maybe one designed in Unity or Unreal, into iClone?Can 3DXchange do that? 

3. Besides creating or editing grayscale height maps, are there other tools in iClone that can build or edit terrain? Maybe something where I can control the scale of, say, one hill the way I can control the scale of an object? 

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!      

Reading This Topic