Instalod to Maya.

Posted By tbseo 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
tbseo
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I havent tried out instalod yet but I want to add some background characters to a Maya animation with simple looping motions. 
Can I export the characters from character creator with the motions?  
Ive never done an animation with low poly crowds.   At most I've had maybe 3  or 4 characters in a scene imported from iclone. 
 If I add about 10 background characters how big of a difference can I expect in render time?  

I can't wait to try it out. Just wondering what I'm in for.

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
You can. They export as FBX with the standard iClone skeleton. You can add iClone motions to the FBX during the export. You will need iClone to create your motions, or install motion packs.
tbseo
tbseo
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Cool thanks! That should make things easier for me. 
tbseo
tbseo
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I've exported a few different test characters with instalod. The one problem I'm having is that the eyes always end up blacked out when I drop them into Maya. Anyone know by this is happening?
nabakiafrika
nabakiafrika
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
That was a useful tidbit.  How to add motions, down in the custom folder on the export fly out panel.  I didn't see mention of that before, I may have missed it, but the videos touting instalod I don't think they say.
now I've done it, got it into blender with motion, BUT, the texture mapping is all messed up.  I find the way they offer information is very spotty, the online docs and tutorials tell half the story most of the time.
such a powerful tool but finding out things is a real pain.

thanks again for how to add the motions to insalod.

Reading This Topic