Posted By Peter (RL) 5 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 2 votes.

CC Content Pack - Cartoon Character & Hair - Available Now

Author
TopOneTone
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Very interested in this pack, but I need to clarify a few things before I buy.
These characters come with no clothes, can CC clothes and accessories be used or do they require their own special wardrobe?
Are the body shapes and sizes adjustable like CC characters?
Are these stylised CC3 models allowing interchangeability with CC3 morphs and assets or are they unique non-compatible models.
Would be great to hear from someone who has bought this pack or maybe Peter can confirm.
Thanks
Tony
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Tony,

These are essentially just morphs of the basic CC3 figures -- that's how all new CC3 stuff is supplied.  So you can mix and match the morphs with whatever other stuff you have, and all CC3 clothing and hair will fit and work (within reason -- some extreme stuff won't fit properly and may need adjustments).

It's similar to taking a Daz Toon figure and bringing it into CC3 -- you end up with a figure composed of morphing the base.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
TopOneTone
TopOneTone
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)

Excellent, I thought that would be the case, but just wanted to check first.
They look great!
Cheers,
Tony
Bigus
Bigus
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 6 days ago
It looks wonderful. Just what I was waiting for.

Question for those with a keen eye:

The promo material on the official page is a native iClone render or some other engine?

https://www.reallusion.com/ContentStore/Character-Creator/Pack/3D-Toon-Figures/default.html

Embrace simplicity
Reduce selfishness
Have few desires
(Lao Tzu) 

Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi Bigus, 

Both native iClone render and Iray for iClone are used. Smile

Bigus (4/12/2019)
It looks wonderful. Just what I was waiting for.

Question for those with a keen eye:

The promo material on the official page is a native iClone render or some other engine?

https://www.reallusion.com/ContentStore/Character-Creator/Pack/3D-Toon-Figures/default.html

davidmaximo
davidmaximo
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (734 reputation)Veteran Member (734 reputation)Veteran Member (734 reputation)Veteran Member (734 reputation)Veteran Member (734 reputation)Veteran Member (734 reputation)Veteran Member (734 reputation)Veteran Member (734 reputation)Veteran Member (734 reputation)

If anyone has purchased this pack already- how are the spring hair accessories? I'm having a hard time getting spring hair to have acceptable timing, and no penetration on my own, I've tried just about every combination of settings possible. Is there something about the hair accessories in this pack that make them work better Do all the hair accessories have spring effects?
Hookflash
Hookflash
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Peter (RL) (4/8/2019)
dogged2003 (4/3/2019)
Peter (RL)
Where should I put the files from Toon_Figures_FaceAnima_Profile.zip?

The FaceAnim Profile is used to properly shut the eyes of the toon characters. Just drag and drop in to apply the facial animation profile.

At the risk of sounding like an idiot... Where do I drag and drop the file? I've tried dragging onto the character in iClone, as well as the dummy in the Face Puppet panel, but it isn't having any effect. The only way I've managed to get it working so far is to send the character to 3dxchange, then import the profile manually in the expression editor.

Hookflash
Hookflash
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Are these morphs supposed to work with CC1 base avatars? I occasionally use CC1 avatars so that I can use the Appearance Editor, but I'm noticing that, when I try to apply the toon base *head* morph, things get pretty glitchy (for example, it actually distorts the avatar's fingers of all things, and the teeth and eyes get misplaced).
openning
openning
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (646 reputation)Veteran Member (646 reputation)Veteran Member (646 reputation)Veteran Member (646 reputation)Veteran Member (646 reputation)Veteran Member (646 reputation)Veteran Member (646 reputation)Veteran Member (646 reputation)Veteran Member (646 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
This pack looks nice, but... I really would like to see some content like this for African American models... basically, dreadlocks, or braids or at the very least, curly hair or something.  That kind of content is incredibly hard to find, and I always end up having to go through all sorts of hoops to import DAZ hair into CC.  I want to create a cartoon character that is black, and it is just frustrating that the content for the hair just doesn't seem to exist.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hookflash (6/30/2019)
Are these morphs supposed to work with CC1 base avatars? I occasionally use CC1 avatars so that I can use the Appearance Editor, but I'm noticing that, when I try to apply the toon base *head* morph, things get pretty glitchy (for example, it actually distorts the avatar's fingers of all things, and the teeth and eyes get misplaced).

The morphs are CC3 base characters. You can convert your CC1 base characters to CC3 and you should be able to use the morphs.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic