Profile Picture

Have some questions--any help?

Posted By mchacon_662011 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
mchacon_662011
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Here is Fold-Spindle-Mutilate Man . . . don't ask, I'm just messing around:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f549c8a7-e834-43d2-882b-e98a.png

So--all the clothing--the suit, gloves, and boots, are all custom (as well as the arm-thing). I created them in Blender and loaded them as accessories. The suit is "cloth." The gloves are "gloves" and the boots are "shoes".
The arm-thing is connected (parented) to the forearm bone. IDK if that's "correct" for something there or not. Anyway.

QUESTIONS:
1. How do I make the gloves be firmly UNDER the wrist accessory. The wrist accessory does have indentations that are pretty deep--so maybe I can't--but is there any way to just NOT make them show through?
2.  The decal--a "Stay Clear of Rotating Drivelines" Warning Symbol is in the "correct place" on the chest--but it repeats at other various places on the texture. Any ideas?
3. For the Wrist Thing: I can texture the heck out of it in Blender--but when I load it into CC3, image textures don't seem to transfer. I'm also not sure about Emitter (glowing) textures and things like that. 
-- Is there something I need to know about how that works?
4. Can I texture PARTS of the mesh in CC3? I don't want to create a texture map that has to be aligned to the whole thing. I think I know how to do that (click the load-in-external editor button and then try it that way?) but I'd rather select parts of the mesh and "apply materials" like in Blender. Is there a way to do that in CC3?
5. The Gloves seemed to have to be made "pretty big" to get them to cover the hands. Is there some special glove-fu I should know? They are just copies of the hand-meshes in Blender saved as accessories with a new material on them (same as the boots--which is why, erm, the boots have toes).

Anyway--any help or comments would be appreciated.

Reading This Topic