What's New in Character Creator 3.04

Posted By Miranda (RL) 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Miranda (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi everyone,

Unity Auto-Setup Script Beta 2.0 is available now. Please find the download link from this post.
The auto-setup flow is enhanced with the update of CC3.04, please visit the instructions for the updated flow.
  • Added: Skin material will be supplemented with a Detail Map along with proper subsurface scattering (SSS) settings. (For HDRP Rendering Pipeline only)
    https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d179d9f4-5e5f-4cc7-a751-27a8.jpg
    https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/790ce965-c9de-4703-b136-b7bc.jpg

• Added: Assign the equivalent UE materials based on what was deployed in CC3:
    • Traditional -> Specular
    • PBR -> MatellicAlpha, Roughness, Matellic
  • Fixed: Auto-processing checkbox is not recording its unchecked/disabled status. (Related issue)
  • Fixed: Automatically change the Color Space of project to be Linear after auto processing. (Related issue) -- we shall recommend users to choose Linear colorspace, instead of forcing them to do
Edited
5 Years Ago by Miranda (RL)
unit23
unit23
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Miranda (RL) (3/15/2019)
Hi everyone,
  • Added: Customized Unreal Digital Humans shaders for hair, eyes, tongue, teeth, and skin.  The skin will come with two shaders:
    • HQ skin shader (high quality): using Unreal Digital Human as a base, we adjust the settings to up the ante on visual quality.
    • LW skin shader (lightweight): based on the shaders from Epic Game's Paragon, we leverage their highly optimize skin shader without compromising visual quality.
Hi Miranda, how can I export/import those shaders into Unreal? If I use the usual approach it still uses the standard specular setup. Are those the R and M textures found in the texture view panel, if so I could probably just save those and import directly. 

A big issue I encounter is when exporting without the option Delete Hidden Meshes, upon import this bumps realigns the meshes slightly, requiring tedious modifications via the Edit Mesh feature, and very annoying each time a Windows System alert is called when I resave/overwrite the file. I keep all meshes because in Unreal I can then randomly show/hide meshes, to spawn different looking AI, results in, instead of importing setting up 3 or more character meshes, with just one

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/3b8621a1-331f-4660-adc2-412b.jpg 
. Additional the different meshes then are set to a random texture to further randomize character AI appearance.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1badc4a2-2281-4881-9ce5-4fdd.jpg

For the player character I keep meshes, in order to hide or show meshes depending on items equipped. This is probably a very desired workflow, and I hope that CC will further adjust the pipeline in that regard,

Cheers

Edited
5 Years Ago by roboter
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
roboter (4/4/2019)
Hi Miranda, how can I export/import those shaders into Unreal? If I use the usual approach it still uses the standard specular setup. Are those the R and M textures found in the texture view panel, if so I could probably just save those and import directly. 

According to the step 2 of process,  you'll have to add the Content folder to the directory for the specific Unreal Project in order to apply the custom shaders. 
So next time when you import FBX to Unreal, you will see a message popup for the desired material (step 3).

A big issue I encounter is when exporting without the option Delete Hidden Meshes, upon import this bumps realigns the meshes slightly, requiring tedious modifications via the Edit Mesh feature, and very annoying each time a Windows System alert is called when I resave/overwrite the file.

Did you mean that you need to edit mesh because of mesh surface penetration issue?
If this is the case, we suggest to adjust the "Increase Size" in the Conform panel to make the clothing larger.
*To expand the Conform panel, go to Modify Panel > Modify Section > Conform.

By the way, I just sent you a private forum message the end of March. Can you check your message box?

Reading This Topic