Profile Picture

Help! I am days trying to convert this beautiful toon character genesis 8 daz which I bought it into...

Posted By cynsegura 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Help! I am days trying to convert this beautiful toon character...

Author
cynsegura
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
I am days trying to convert this beautiful toon character genesis 8 daz which I bought it into character creator
https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_54929
I followed all the tutorials. It converts into fbx into Daz. Have a look at the screenshot.
I also followed this video I found it and played with all the combinations in rules.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNyxHMesT_M
It happens always the same. When I am in the transformer in character creator it uploads. It passes all tests and then it is about 49 percent nearly to download and character creator closed down suddenly like it is crashing.
Thinking this kind of character might not be compatible with the character creator.
I also tried with the nude body without clothes, hair, eyelashes and happens all the same. I tried many rules following also advice and nothing work out. And also without any rule and bake anything.
All the help is really appreciated.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/66a8d2b5-b05f-48ec-b710-2e42.png
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I don't know what hair you are using (you don't say and Toon Girl doesn't come with any) but her and that outfit load fine for me into CC3.  She loads whether I bake the textures (advanced) or not (basic).

So -- unless it's the hair (which you can try not using -- and if it IS the hair let me know which one so I can test it) it's most likely your system.  Make sure you have the latest CC3 (3.01.1205.1) and, if not, update via the Hub.  If you DO have the latest you should check your video drivers for the same thing.  Let us know what you find out.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
cynsegura
cynsegura
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to me. I updated now character creator to the latest version and also the drivers of my graphics card which is Nvidia geoforce 1060. I was also checking windows and all my computer is working perfectly. So I don't think it is my computer. It is something I am doing. Is it anyway you will send me a screenshot of the conversion you made it coming from daz into character creator 3. It must be something I am doing bad. For example they work in clone but I cannot modify anything and personalize clotth, etc. I made them to work in iclone with 3dx echange conversion.  It will be a dream for me to be able to make them in character creator to be able to personlize clothes etc.
Thanks a lot/
Kelleytoons
This post has been flagged as an answer
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

It has to be your computer, because there really isn't anything I'm doing special.

But let me ask you this -- can you just bring in a normal Genesis 8 female?  Try that first -- if THAT works then you are doing things correctly (and if it doesn't I'll be glad to make a video showing you how to bring Toon Girl in).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
It would appear that girl has custom eyebrows, and that's what is causing the problem. Currently, the eyebrows need to be part of the face texture.

Those eyebrow may be geografted, and thus hiding the original mesh in that area.
cynsegura
cynsegura
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Yes the girl has custom eyebrows.. How can I resolve this?? Please let me know thanks!!
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

If you delete them in DAZ, does her orignal face show, or does it leave a hole?

If it leaves a hole, then see this tutorial for showing hidden mesh. You can switch to a different skin in CC3 that has eyebrows. Hopefully it will not be much of different look, because it's a toon.

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Those custom eyebrows work for me, Rampa, so I doubt that's it.

They come in as cloth just fine -- I didn't do anything but load the default girl.  Now, I will say those cloth eyebrows are pretty horrible (I ended up deleting them in CC3) but they shouldn't cause a crash if his computer is updated to the latest CC3 (which handles these).

But if you're not updated, yes, by all means just go ahead and delete them in DAZ -- you'll see them in the dropdown rollout of items.  Just select and press delete.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Kelleytoons (2/23/2019)
Those custom eyebrows work for me, Rampa, so I doubt that's it.

They come in as cloth just fine -- I didn't do anything but load the default girl.  Now, I will say those cloth eyebrows are pretty horrible (I ended up deleting them in CC3) but they shouldn't cause a crash if his computer is updated to the latest CC3 (which handles these).

But if you're not updated, yes, by all means just go ahead and delete them in DAZ -- you'll see them in the dropdown rollout of items.  Just select and press delete.

That would seem likely KT! Smile
JimmyB7
JimmyB7
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago

FBX Morph Export Rules, "Rule 0, .CTRLVS Export", what is the purpose of this rule?  The tutorial says use “Final Anything Bake” only.

I’ve had good luck importing many DAZ characters, with cloths.  However, one Genesis 8 character, RY Charlene HD, will not import under any circumstances.  Anyone have this character?  It appears my problem is similar to the above issues by cynsegura.

CyberpowerPC, 64 GB Ram, 64bit Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i9-10980XE 18 Core CPU,  ASUS TUF X299 Mark 1 Motherboard, ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-O11G-GAMING graphics card, Toshiba 3TB hard drive, 3 x Seagate 3TB hard drives, RAGNAROK 801 Full Tower, LEPA G1600 1600W power supply, Killer WI-FI 6,  ASUS PA329Q 32" 4K/UHD IPS Monitor.
Edited
5 Years Ago by JimmyB7

Reading This Topic