Profile Picture

Is there a setting to allow for multi-core processing?

Posted By janarae 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
janarae
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (154 reputation)Junior Member (154 reputation)Junior Member (154 reputation)Junior Member (154 reputation)Junior Member (154 reputation)Junior Member (154 reputation)Junior Member (154 reputation)Junior Member (154 reputation)Junior Member (154 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
It takes much longer than I'd like to export videos from CTA3 on my Surface Studio, both when exporting traditional videos and image sequences. So, I tried using my husband's custom-built PC to speed things up, as his machine has all the bells and whistles with a great graphics card, fast processors, etc...but I'm not seeing a significant improvement over my machine, as CTA3 is only utilizing one of the cores in his processor. His machine is capable of rendering video much faster (which we do with other applications). Is there a setting I'm missing to enable CTA3 to tap into multi-core processing? Or if not, can I make a feature request for consideration in CTA4? It would be a huge help to be able to render video more quickly by allowing multi-core processing.
Maikeru7
Maikeru7
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hi, I'm wondering the same. I've tested now on different systems, Windows and Mac and can't figure out what accelerates rendering in CTA. My 6-core i7 is basically bored close to idling and the integrated GPU is at 25% when rendering a video. Rendering a video in iMovie, I can see all going up. I've put in a support request and will update you, when they answer. A bit annoying this isn't obvious and when you spot mistakes after rendering, like me, this is pretty annoying, going through this slow process again and again.

Best,
Maikeru7
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 minutes ago
Thanks for the feedback. CTA doesn't currently include customizable options for multi-core support. However, I have passed on your request to the CTA team. 

Please do remember to use the Feedback Tracker for any future feature requests as this allows others to support your request with the most requested features getting priority. Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

janarae
janarae
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (154 reputation)Junior Member (154 reputation)Junior Member (154 reputation)Junior Member (154 reputation)Junior Member (154 reputation)Junior Member (154 reputation)Junior Member (154 reputation)Junior Member (154 reputation)Junior Member (154 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Thanks, Peter! I didn't realize that there was a separate place for feature requests (sorry about that). Now that I know this isn't just a setting or process that I was missing, I went ahead and logged it through the link in your reply, and it was assigned Issue 5886. I'll use that process going forward.

Any other users who happen upon this thread and would like to see a speed increase on video exports, jump on over and give it a vote! https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/Feature-request-for-multi-core-processing-support

Reading This Topic