Sub Prop Issues

Posted By thebiz.movies 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
thebiz.movies
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 hours ago
Hi All.

I add a cube to the scene.  I add a second cube.  I raise the second cube 100 units on the z axis.  I attach the second cube to the first cube.  Suddenly the scale and relative position of the second cube have changed.  Im guessing this is because its relative to the first cube (maybe).  Now, I "Reset Object Animation" on the base cube.  Now the Z value of the sub prop has doubled.  In fact the z value and scale values of the subprop change every time you "Reset Object Animation" while the base prop values all remain unchanged.  Um...

I am currently trying to create an asset for the marketplace with a perform animation on the subprop.  Everything works fine until I "Reset Object Animation" of the base prop at which point the animation is now double the Z value of the original value.  The scale of the sub prop was reset before the subprop was added and reseting object animation changes no transform or scale values of the base prop.  Only the sub prop.

Is this a bug?  Is there a fix or workaround?  Using reset object animation is a pretty standard method of zeroing out the transform keys in a scene so I feel the prop should not break when it is used.

Thoughts?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c02c75f8-9ae1-4091-b8e9-2175.gifhttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4c56836b-f19d-4836-8a16-6370.gif

Edited
5 Years Ago by thebiz.movies
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Yes, there are some issues with sub-props and "Remove Objects Animation". FT 5252

thebiz.movies
thebiz.movies
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Well glad to know im not crazy nor alone.  The status say submitted.  I wonder if this means RL will provide a fix...

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c02c75f8-9ae1-4091-b8e9-2175.gifhttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4c56836b-f19d-4836-8a16-6370.gif

4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

thebiz.movies (2/16/2019)
Well glad to know im not crazy nor alone.  The status say submitted.  I wonder if this means RL will provide a fix...

The Assigned status means they have acknowledged the problem and have assigned it to the team to fix. But it has not been resolved yet. 
I was hopping it would be released in the latest update, but that has not happen.
Hopefully the next update would address this and some other annoying bugs.
Thanks for the comment and a vote thebiz.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
UPDATE:

This issue has now been confirmed as a defect. We plan to fix this in a future update.

We do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic