Posted By ultimativity 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

3DXchange version 7.4.2515 import error for G3M fbx files

Author
ultimativity
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hello,

I exported a G3M character from Daz, following the steps in this tutorial. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EXDvs5uyyk). In December, I was able to successfully import a G8M and a G3F.  With version 4.1 and the latest update version 7.4.2515, 3DXchange will not import the fbx files containing Daz characters. My other fbx characters import successfully.

I am on Win 10 64 OS.  I open 3DXchange. I open the fbx file. The  iClone 3DXchange 7 dialogue box displays and a message reads Importing. The green progress band completes it's cycle, then 3DXchange closes.  I checked in the Custom folder in iClone 7 and found no import.

I am behind on an important project.  Any suggestions would help.

Thank you,

Nathan

Nathan

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
ultimativity (2/10/2019)
Hello,

I exported a G3M character from Daz, following the steps in this tutorial. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EXDvs5uyyk). In December, I was able to successfully import a G8M and a G3F.  With version 4.1 and the latest update version 7.4.2515, 3DXchange will not import the fbx files containing Daz characters. My other fbx characters import successfully.

I am on Win 10 64 OS.  I open 3DXchange. I open the fbx file. The  iClone 3DXchange 7 dialogue box displays and a message reads Importing. The green progress band completes it's cycle, then 3DXchange closes.  I checked in the Custom folder in iClone 7 and found no import.

I am behind on an important project.  Any suggestions would help.

Thank you,

Nathan

Hi Nathan

Can you confirm if the issue is opening/importing the G3M characters into 3DXchange 7 or is the problem exporting from 3DXchange 7 to iClone 7 as you mention not being able to find it in your iClone 7 custom folder? Also is it just one particular character or all G3M characters?

I have tried opening a Daz Genesis G3 Male character in 3DXchange 7.4 and didn't find any problems so I just want to be sure we don't have crossed wires.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

ultimativity
ultimativity
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Peter,

Thanks for responding. On further testing, I found that the files that caused 3DXchange to close without importing the fbx file were characters applied to G3M (Michael 7 and Dash). The problem is with 3DXchange; it simply closes without displaying the usual dialogue boxes regarding materials and non standard characters, etc. 

Thanks,

Nathan

Nathan

Reading This Topic