Hello. I am new here, and I could use some help

Posted By Brianna_M 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Brianna_M
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (607 reputation)Veteran Member (607 reputation)Veteran Member (607 reputation)Veteran Member (607 reputation)Veteran Member (607 reputation)Veteran Member (607 reputation)Veteran Member (607 reputation)Veteran Member (607 reputation)Veteran Member (607 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I am a hobbyist interested in Character Creation and have purchased Character Creator 3, Character Creator 3 Pipeline Extension, iClone7, iClone 3DXchange 7 Pipeline, and Iray Render Plugin for iClone and Character Creator.. 
I am overwhelmed and not sure where to start or how to do anything.
I would like to find a step my step document that goes from start to finish on how to create the character, how to add morph controls and eventually get the character into Unity and Unreal.
If anyone can point me in the direction of such a document I would appreciate the help.
I have watched the tutorials but I have had trouble following them and have not been able to get to the point I am trying to achieve.
Thanks.

What I am looking for is a process document. Like....
Step 1 create x
Step 2  modify x
Step 3 save x
Step 4 export x to unity / unreal.
Something like that.  The tutorials don't really tell you how to produce the end product just this step or that step with out a comprehensive over veiw of the entire process from start to finish.

Edited
5 Years Ago by Brianna_M
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Here is a list of beginner videos for iClone, by category.
UI
Navigation
Tranformation
Camera
attaching
Lighting
rendering
Material
Content
Scene
Find more tutorials here:

There are playlists for CC as well.
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
structure and focus,  you have several disciplines going on in the character creation aspect.

What i do to keep this stage fun,  is focus on a project - like for instance,  I've always wanted to make a warrior dwarf of lord of the rings ancient lore, -
that's when i see,  I need to get hair, model the character, get the right clothes,  get the proper textures to reflect the materials used in that time ..etc ..
a project like this gives me a tour of all the things i need to learn to make the character with the software. 

I'm still learning the new system myself, i'd be happy to share the adventure and help offer any tips I have learned from being a vet user,  feel free to pm me if you have any questions I can help with,  i might learn something new in the process as well! BigGrin

Brianna_M
Brianna_M
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (607 reputation)Veteran Member (607 reputation)Veteran Member (607 reputation)Veteran Member (607 reputation)Veteran Member (607 reputation)Veteran Member (607 reputation)Veteran Member (607 reputation)Veteran Member (607 reputation)Veteran Member (607 reputation)

I have created a project, what is my next step? 

This is my issue, nothing out there shows me the step by step process for creating something I can import into Unity or Unreal
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/0a17d31d-e902-42ef-aa1a-6256.png
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
hs is the first of 29 in the CC3 Playlist. You will find many for exporting to Unity and UE4, along with helpful scripts in the descriptions to help you acieve the best results.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3lEmWpVxUE&list=PLNV5zSFadPdmyOVE2c3RrOqLZS-KfiEZK

Look through the rest of the list on the right to find the ones you need.
Edited
5 Years Ago by Rampa
billgucci2
This post has been flagged as an answer
billgucci2
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Brianna_M (2/10/2019)
I have created a project, 
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/0a17d31d-e902-42ef-aa1a-6256.png
Good Job!

...what is my next step?

Learn how to move around in the viewport.
Pan, Zoom and Arc Rotate
Then go very slow and examine Tool Bar / Menu's.
Learn what each tool does and where to find it.
Now you're ready to follow the given tutorials.

View your Steps:
Step 1 create x
Step 2  modify x
Step 3 save x
Step 4 export x to unity / unreal.

Step 1 "Create"
Learn what the "BASE" character is and how to "Change It."
Simply click the button.

Step 2 "Modify"
You learn where the modify tools are and what they do.
Work slow and learn each "Tool" before moving on.

Repeat these steps until you get to Unity.

Edited
5 Years Ago by billgucci2
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
since your end game result is getting characters into unity,  the first thing I'd focus on if it were me,  is exporting anything,  to get a good understanding of establishing that pipeline.   I'd study how well the default characters work first....to assess how accurate the transfer is.  I don't use unity,  but in general,  i bee line for end results first to make sure my desired pipeline works as i expect.  Using default props would give me an idea of what the developer considers a good pipeline,  then I use that as my base for building other characters around those rules. 

after I get a proper transfer,  then I'd start working backwards....like first learning to change textures,  then learning how to change clothing,  then learning how to make clothing ...etc....

GrannyJ
GrannyJ
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Everyone learns differently, some folks learn by doing, while others do better reading about the subject, while still others need to be led step-by-step.  However, for almost everyone, trial and error are the best teachers.

Since you are new to the RL suite of products, the first step, for anyone, is to learn the user interface and get comfortable with navigation through the menus & tools - that way, you will not spend lots of time "looking" for tools when trying to follow an instructional video. Almost everything you desire to do is covered in the instructional videos provided by others above, but you need to learn how the software works and get as comfortable navigating it as you are in navigating through your own neighborhood or home. Once you achieve a level of comfort with the user interface, then the true exploration and subsequent creation will flow.

iClone Certified Content Developer and Author of the Pinky Frink® Adventure Series & the Pinky Frink® Learning Books
site: Granny J's 3D Attic SKYPE = grannyjsplace email: grannyj@grannyjs3dattic.com
MY RIG: GPU: Dual GeForce GTX 970M | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)i7-5930K @3.50GHz| 32.00 GB RAM | OS: Win 7 Pro SP1 | DX11

Brianna_M
Brianna_M
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

I have been working with the program and been watching the tutorial.  I have learned how to navigate the program, the menus, and view port.
I have switched from my end output from Unity to Unreal. 
What I noticed in a video tutorial about exporting CC3 to Unreal was that the character has some animation.  It was a standing pose where the character shifted from foot to foot.
It did not cover how or where to inject the motion so I am wondering how that is done.
It seems there should have been something before the video I watched. It was helpful but seems like it was step two when I should probably done step one, how to add the motion, first but did not point to it.  Can anyone point me to the video tutorial that gets the animation in?  I am talking about walking, running jumping and sitting, and more. How do ya do that?
Thanks.

Brianna_M
Brianna_M
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

I posted this 4 months ago.
As I stated then I had done the work others had outlined and now am ready to put my character into a game.
My next issue as stated below is "HOW DO I GET THE CHARACTER TO WALK, RUN, JUMP AND DO OTHER THINGS LIKE THAT IN THE GAME?"

I have not been able to find information on that part of the process.

Thanks.

Previous posting...
I have been working with the program and been watching the tutorial.  I have learned how to navigate the program, the menus, and view port.
I have switched from my end output from Unity to Unreal. 
What I noticed in a video tutorial about exporting CC3 to Unreal was that the character has some animation.  It was a standing pose where the character shifted from foot to foot.
It did not cover how or where to inject the motion so I am wondering how that is done.
It seems there should have been something before the video I watched. It was helpful but seems like it was step two when I should probably done step one, how to add the motion, first but did not point to it.  Can anyone point me to the video tutorial that gets the animation in?  I am talking about walking, running jumping and sitting, and more. How do ya do that?
Thanks.

Edited
5 Years Ago by Brianna_M

Reading This Topic