Profile Picture

Anyone else seeing this in their iRay renders?

Posted By gordryd 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
gordryd
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
I keep trying to render this scene but some issues keep popping up.
1) Large out-of-focus rectangle (encompassing his right hand, back half of gun, etc.).  This only appears when the NVidia De-Noise kicks in.  There is no indication of GPU memory problem during rendering...
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1abaa9b3-56c0-4506-aa5e-7d61.png
2) Hair Scalp area changes the color/texture/etc. of the head skin where it overlaps.  You can see it above and even more noticeable in "Mininal" viewport setting below...
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c1890a68-72da-4305-b242-fd74.jpg
Here's what it should look like (standard iClone render):
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7b0c70d2-730b-4972-bd0b-88b2.jpg

Any ideas?  I've tried adjusting just about every setting that there is, but have run out of patience for tonight...

Reallusion Certified Director / Reallusion Best Visual Award / Reallusion Certified Content Developer
See all the G-Tools Plug-Ins available for iClone here: G-Tools Plug-Ins

Warped Reality VFX
Warped Reality VFX
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
Hello, make sure that all your materials are converted to PBR materials that help with some errors like this.

Warped Reality VFX.
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Two additonal thoughts:

HAIR - Check on "transparency" (opacity) of the hair.  Not the opacity map, but the overall setting of the object.  Opacity=100% ?

RECTANGLE - Verify you have a current Nvidia driver.  I know it sounds like the standard "reboot" suggestion, but I've seen drivers cause those sorts of artifacts before (Iray with Substance Painter), so it's worth checking.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
5 Years Ago by justaviking
illusionLAB
illusionLAB
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
The weird thing about the "light rectangle" is that his knuckles appear to come through it.  This would suggest geometry that is meant to be hidden - do you have a reach effector on his gun hand or dummy object?
gordryd
gordryd
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Thanks illusionLAB, you were right on the money!  The gun was an accessory and had a "PickDummy" attached to it.  Even though it didn't show in the iClone preview, it was marked as "Visible".  Changing it to "Invisible" fixed the rectangle problem.  And thanks to others with their suggestions.

For the scalp banding, it turned out to be that the Scalp had "SSS" turned off, and the Head Skin had "SSS" turned on (I think this is what it defaults to, so if you start to see this in your renders you know where to check).  Unfortunately, the SSS seems to lose the detail in the skin texture, so I turned it off for all skin in the picture.  This is what it is supposed to look like (this took 6 minutes to render on my 1050 ti, so don't expect any iRay animations from me soon...).  Now if  I could just fix the 'dull' eyes...
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/2b150b76-796c-47e4-ac35-fa10.png

Reallusion Certified Director / Reallusion Best Visual Award / Reallusion Certified Content Developer
See all the G-Tools Plug-Ins available for iClone here: G-Tools Plug-Ins

Edited
5 Years Ago by gordryd
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Glad to see you're getting things figured out.
Excellent, action-packed image.  Smile

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Reading This Topic