Profile Picture

How do I fix a messed up content folder?

Posted By Dragonskunk 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Dragonskunk
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I have content for iClone 6 and one for iClone 7
It asks me where to put my content folder and as usual I choose: D:\Reallusion7
Instead of loading everything there it made a new folder and installed it in  D:\Reallusion7\Reallusion
So I didn't notice until I installed the bonus pack and everything still says "Get it"
Must I reinstall iClone 7.2 then 7.3 then 7.4 then 7.41 then bouns pack 7.2 again?

Is there an ini file or something to redirect my installation of the bonus pack to the correct content folder?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f0d5a6aa-f907-4e06-b7ab-3cc3.jpg
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Since the folders and structures are the same in every template or custom folder, you can just drag your "wrong" template folder onto your "right" one, and Windows will merge the wrong into the right.

If you want to choose a new location altogether, you only need to install 7.41, choose your location,  and then merge your other folders into the new one you created.
Dragonskunk
Dragonskunk
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Rampa (2/3/2019)
Since the folders and structures are the same in every template or custom folder, you can just drag your "wrong" template folder onto your "right" one, and Windows will merge the wrong into the right.

If you want to choose a new location altogether, you only need to install 7.41, choose your location,  and then merge your other folders into the new one you created.

Thanks again for the help Rampa

I did the Windows wrong to the right folder thing.
I can't select D:\ to install the Reallusion folder that is used for iC6.
Right now my custom folder is located at D:\Reallusion7\ but I can't use that as it is an impossible folder location.
So I'll have no choice but to end up with D:\%something%\Reallusion\ to place my custom folder.
I'll end up having to do the Windows wrong to the right folder thing to the D:\Reallusion7\custom folder to the new folder location.

What I can't understand how was I ever able to select the impossible folder location when I first installed iC7 in the first place?
Instead of D:\Reallusion7\Reallusion\
It went to  D:\Reallusion7\ 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f0d5a6aa-f907-4e06-b7ab-3cc3.jpg
Edited
5 Years Ago by Dragonskunk

Reading This Topic