Animation Persona Creation Tool

Posted By Delerna 5 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 2 votes.
Author
Delerna
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
To make it easier to understand what I was saying about creating shortcuts so I could organise my contents to make it easier for me to find things.....I have so many contents for iclone LOL.

I also created some codes that make that process quicker and easier for me to work on it.
Codes and explanations for how and why I do it are here.
It does take time though so it may not be useful to you. I do it just because I have so many contents that trying to remember what I have and find it was getting difficult for me. That is why I put in the effort to do this.
The time I spent organising the contents helps me save time finding them for projects I work on.
Its also only something I only do every now and then...mostly when I feel like doing something on my computer but not making video's of creating my own models in blender.

Not saying you should do this. But if it also interests you then those programs do make doing it quicker and easier, at least, it did for me once I got a workflow fitted into my head.
This is also why I created this persona tool as it is now. To speed up recreating the persona's on the models,animations etc that I organised to suit me better.
I'm working on my dinosaur characters because im working on a video that uses them and they are very simple personas so I didn't need to make the program more than it Is now....yet.

I know I will need to do more later that will need higher level funcions and that's when I will be rebuilding the code to handle those too

i7-3770 3.4GHz CPU 16 GB Ram   
GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Edited
5 Years Ago by Delerna
billgucci2
billgucci2
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I'm sorry, i saw persona 'creation' tool and thought you were going to actually create personas like the character animation toolkit.
Combining personas is very useful, too.
dogged2003
dogged2003
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Delerna 
You make great job!
I can't understand RL. Why they forgotten AML ???

My YouTube channel.
animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 10 hours ago
Very helpful, Delerna, as I think it will provide a way to organize motions.

Like many who have been using iClone for a while, there is an enormous amount of stuff that has been accumulating. I will also check out your other thread on how to organize things in general.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Delerna
Delerna
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)

Thanks Dogged, Animagic
OK, 4 people besides myself seem interested in this application for doing this so I will take that as meaning it will be beneficial for posting my improvements to this code I made
I will be working on it some more soon I think. I was doing the code for the 69 Dinosaurs I have manually. It took me nearly 8 hours to do 3 of them so I ended up spending 2 hours to write this HTA code.
Turned out to be beneficial for me because I did the other 63 of them yesterday in 3 hours....so it was worth it.

Buy the way, I originally created it to create .AML persona files but for some reason dragging them to a character in iClone wasn't working. It seemed to load it into the character but for some reason the animations were not showing up????
That's why it only creates .lua files for now because they work and its also why the AML creation coding isn't in the code I listed, I removed it for now. Once I figure out why the .AML files don't work I will be adding an option so we can choose the file type to save as LUA, AML and I think there is a third one I will be adding but can't think what it is at the moment.

For now the only thing we can edit is the name of the animation that shows up under the perform options in the persona.
I will be adding the other things that can be edited also and I will also be adding the ability to create Idle, move and operate options as well.
Also intend to make it possible to add animations from more than 1 file into the persona. That's why it has the tick boxes. It will show all the animations in the folders we list and we can untick the ones we don't want.

Anyway, just a couple of comments for some of my plans for this.
When I add some things I will replace the code in the second post and add a comment stating that an update has been added so you know.
You will then be able to copy the code and create a new file    (you might want to keep some of the previous ones I posted???)

I will take notice of requests/suggestions made by people....thanks Rampa, definitely listening

GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Edited
5 Years Ago by Delerna
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
So have you figured out a way to trigger the idles?

Rotation tracking will not be applied to clips added via AML unless the track rotation tag in the AML is set. This is true even if the rotation tracking in the Animation menu is on.
With a move command, that's not an issue, of course. The character's direction is dictated by the path they follow.

Using an AML move command is nice because then the character will follow terrain, as the root is being translated about, much like a game character. I've always been bummed that 3DXchange only has a Perform menu setup, and not a Move menu setup.
Delerna
Delerna
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Rampa (2/3/2019)
So have you figured out a way to trigger the idles?

Its been a long time since I did anything other than performs. Haven't done any of this in iClone7 either....until now.
Actually I should have said I will be looking into adding these things and I won't know whether I will be able to do it until I start trying.
I know the latest versions of reallusion's persona's are different to how they used to be when we had the ability to use the tool that you linked to.
So I really can't answer this until I try doing them? I intend using the codes in the AML files I have that do these things to guide how I write my code to create them.

GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Edited
5 Years Ago by Delerna
Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Thanks Delerna,

I copied the code and saved it like you suggested, now where do I put it and how do I use it to generate persona's?  Looking at your pic's I'm confused...again! 

I understand this is a work in progress, and I've successfully made some persona's in iC6 but having problems in iC7.  There are two persona's, Mason and Heidi that work in iC7.4 but they don't have the walk or run commands in the list when applied to the character as others have stated.  Just adding animations in3DX isn't cutting it. I started to mess with them but got lost in the process so I'm glad to see you're diving into this part of it at least, I wonder why Reallusion dropped developing it, I for one used them all the time!

Unsure  I'm not seeing the same set up as in your pics, getting an error.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9294fdc4-f7c5-4b1e-aa89-5de0.png

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

Edited
5 Years Ago by Snarp Farkle
Delerna
Delerna
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

OOPS.....sorry, I left something in the code when I deleted the AML codes. Silly me I should have tested it instead of believing I deleted all the codes not needed.
That causes the bug which stops the code from running at all

Here is an image that shows the bit you need to delete from the code. I circled it with a red square.
I am also updating the code in this post now so that bug will disappear

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/05314019-65db-4977-970c-0eb0.png

GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Edited
5 Years Ago by Delerna
Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Yep that was it, thanks!

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

Reading This Topic