Profile Picture

What product should I buy?

Posted By glenn_173254 2 Weeks Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
glenn_173254
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 days ago
Hi all, I am not sure if I am on the right place over here. But I am intrigued by the possibilities of CrazyTalk, but now I am a bit puzzled what product I need. Here is what I would like to do:

I would like to create talking faces (based on real faces or virtual ones), that do lipsyncing for instance in the corner of a screen (while doing a software demo for instance). So I suppose I can somehow add a movie behind my faces as well? (in stead of a picture?).

Should I go for the Pro version or the Pipeline (cant really see big differences?) and Should I add the 100 faces as a bundle? (I suppose I have way more hairstyles and stuff If I do that?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (48.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (48.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (48.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (48.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (48.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (48.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (48.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (48.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (48.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
CrazyTalk 8 can easily create talking heads from photos or drawings. You can also add automatic lip-sync by recording your voice, loading an audio file or by using text to speech. However, CrazyTalk isn't designed for live presentation work which is what you seem to need. In CrazyTalk when you add a voice to your character a voice script has to be created. This only takes a few seconds normally but can't be done "Live" sadly.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

glenn_173254
glenn_173254
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)

Oh no, it doesn't have to be live. I was more thinking of doing a screen capture of a software demo, use voice over it and then in stead of my own face in the bottom corner use a "gimmick" face that does the lip syncing.. Is this easy to do?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (48.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (48.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (48.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (48.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (48.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (48.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (48.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (48.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (48.1K reputation)

Well, in that case, CrazyTalk 8 should be perfect for you. Smile

You will really only need the Pro version. The Pipeline version is only required if you also plan to send 3D heads to iClone or Character Creator.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

glenn_173254
glenn_173254
Posted Last Week
View Quick Profile

Thanks! However how do you do this with crazytalk:
I want to export the face onto a video I made to put in the bottom corner where the image talks with the video? Or can I add a video behind the face (with audio) in stead of a steady image?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 days ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Unfortunately, video backgrounds are not supported in Crazytalk 8. However, most video editors will allow you to overlay one video over another. So you just need to export from CT8 to your required video format and then use the video editor to overlay the two videos.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic