Profile Picture

What product should I buy?

Posted By glenn_173254 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
glenn_173254
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (122 reputation)Junior Member (122 reputation)Junior Member (122 reputation)Junior Member (122 reputation)Junior Member (122 reputation)Junior Member (122 reputation)Junior Member (122 reputation)Junior Member (122 reputation)Junior Member (122 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hi all, I am not sure if I am on the right place over here. But I am intrigued by the possibilities of CrazyTalk, but now I am a bit puzzled what product I need. Here is what I would like to do:

I would like to create talking faces (based on real faces or virtual ones), that do lipsyncing for instance in the corner of a screen (while doing a software demo for instance). So I suppose I can somehow add a movie behind my faces as well? (in stead of a picture?).

Should I go for the Pro version or the Pipeline (cant really see big differences?) and Should I add the 100 faces as a bundle? (I suppose I have way more hairstyles and stuff If I do that?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
CrazyTalk 8 can easily create talking heads from photos or drawings. You can also add automatic lip-sync by recording your voice, loading an audio file or by using text to speech. However, CrazyTalk isn't designed for live presentation work which is what you seem to need. In CrazyTalk when you add a voice to your character a voice script has to be created. This only takes a few seconds normally but can't be done "Live" sadly.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

glenn_173254
glenn_173254
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (122 reputation)Junior Member (122 reputation)Junior Member (122 reputation)Junior Member (122 reputation)Junior Member (122 reputation)Junior Member (122 reputation)Junior Member (122 reputation)Junior Member (122 reputation)Junior Member (122 reputation)

Oh no, it doesn't have to be live. I was more thinking of doing a screen capture of a software demo, use voice over it and then in stead of my own face in the bottom corner use a "gimmick" face that does the lip syncing.. Is this easy to do?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Well, in that case, CrazyTalk 8 should be perfect for you. Smile

You will really only need the Pro version. The Pipeline version is only required if you also plan to send 3D heads to iClone or Character Creator.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

glenn_173254
glenn_173254
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thanks! However how do you do this with crazytalk:
I want to export the face onto a video I made to put in the bottom corner where the image talks with the video? Or can I add a video behind the face (with audio) in stead of a steady image?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Unfortunately, video backgrounds are not supported in Crazytalk 8. However, most video editors will allow you to overlay one video over another. So you just need to export from CT8 to your required video format and then use the video editor to overlay the two videos.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

drsheck
drsheck
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (197 reputation)Junior Member (197 reputation)Junior Member (197 reputation)Junior Member (197 reputation)Junior Member (197 reputation)Junior Member (197 reputation)Junior Member (197 reputation)Junior Member (197 reputation)Junior Member (197 reputation)

I am considering Crazytalk 8 Pro. I'd like to animate my dog to be a talking head.  maybe her body too (but doesn't have to be animated). I tried with the demo but the mouth just looked very weird, a straight line between top and bottom lips. Hopefully can improve upon that with practice.

What I really would like to do is have two talking heads in conversation (I'm a couples therapist) so not sure if/how to do that in Crazytalk or I need a different program to do that. Love feedback on this.

Also, Crazytalk 8 has been around a bit, is there a 9 coming out? Hate to get stuck with an older version (see that CTA 4 is  coming out soon).

Thanks,
Adam
drsheck
drsheck
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (197 reputation)Junior Member (197 reputation)Junior Member (197 reputation)Junior Member (197 reputation)Junior Member (197 reputation)Junior Member (197 reputation)Junior Member (197 reputation)Junior Member (197 reputation)Junior Member (197 reputation)

So you’re saying that I can save a Crazytalk 8 talking head with a transparent background so that it could be added on top of another video layer?

And if so, can that be done in Pro version?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

drsheck (3/6/2019)
I am considering Crazytalk 8 Pro. I'd like to animate my dog to be a talking head.  maybe her body too (but doesn't have to be animated). I tried with the demo but the mouth just looked very weird, a straight line between top and bottom lips. Hopefully can improve upon that with practice.

What I really would like to do is have two talking heads in conversation (I'm a couples therapist) so not sure if/how to do that in Crazytalk or I need a different program to do that. Love feedback on this.

Also, Crazytalk 8 has been around a bit, is there a 9 coming out? Hate to get stuck with an older version (see that CTA 4 is  coming out soon).

Thanks,
Adam

Hi Adam

For the mouth issue do make sure you are in "Detail" mode rather than "Basic" mode when working in the Face Fitting Editor. This gives you extra fitting points to place around the mouth which should improve the look and make it more natural. Correctly placing between the mouth is important so zoom right in to make sure you have the fitting points just right.

Sadly it is not possible to have more than one talking character in a project. If you wish to have two characters having a conversation, you will need to create two projects with say one character talking on the left and one with a character talking on the right. You can then export them to video and take the two videos into your video editing software to overlay them into one video.

To get a transparent background you can export in Sequence Image PNG format (Windows) or ProRes 4444 (Mac). Alternatively, you can export to video with a solid green or blue background and use your video editors chromakey feature to remove the background there.

And regarding your question about a new version, currently the 2D team is working on Cartoon Animator 4. There is no new version of CrazyTalk currently under development.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
5 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
drsheck
drsheck
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thanks so much Peter. I'm clear now, but confused in that wondering if CTA 3 makes more sense in having two characters in conversation?  
Is the face animation quality comparable?  CTA3 or 4 will have that iPhone face capture thing, so would that be better?
And if so, which version of CTA would be able to import my dog so that I can animate her?
Crazytalk 8 Pro can do it for sure, know that much.
Have until 15 March to decide, so coming up soon.
Thanks so much,
Adam

Reading This Topic