iClone 7 - 2019 Roadmap

Posted By Tony (RL) 5 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 2 votes.
Author
Tony (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
iClone 7 Roadmap for 2019

For 2019, Reallusion will refocus more iClone team members toward the development of iClone 8.  In the process, iClone 7 will still see the release of many exciting new features.  For the year ahead, you can look forward to the following activities:
  • More effort will be spent on supporting developers who wish to work with the iClone Python API in a push to extend iClone's native functionalities.
  • Besides adding new professional mocap profiles, popular consumer level mocap devices will also be supported by Motion LIVE 2.0 including Kinect and SteamVR.
  • We will advance our efforts for streamlined game engine pipelines; Especially with the inclusion of Unreal Live Link which allows the Unreal Engine to render live motion from iClone.

Open iClone Ecosystem with New Python APIs and Plugin Marketplace

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e68aaaf8-79cf-4492-936b-2723.jpg

iClone 7 is evolving into an OPEN program with robust extensibility.  Case in point is the Motion LIVE mocap plugin built with the iClone 7 API which is a prime example of external technological integration with iClone.  Creative developers can now easily augment animation tools and add custom devices to iClone with Python scripting. More>

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c38849ab-d98a-48ab-8aee-84ef.jpg

The first version of iClone’s Python API was launched at the end of 2018 and in just one month, we’ve already seen some impressive plugins made by developers.
Check out some interesting samples:

To better support plugin developers, both Plugin Developer Center and the Plugin Marketplace will be ready for developers to upload, share, and even sell their plugins.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f1adb10e-661a-4f43-9b0c-6908.jpg

Additionally, more Python APIs will be released for each quarter, such as particle control, render parameters, physics interaction, data in/out and mesh edit. Along with the new APIs releases, more creative applications of the plugins will be made possible.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/696ef4c1-5b73-4ed2-b510-1f2c.jpg

Moreover, to encourage more outstanding developers to join the iClone OPEN ecosystem, a Plugin Design Contest will be held in 2019. Reallusion will provide a highly competitive reward for the developers who can build the most creative yet practical plug-ins.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5510ee2c-9cdf-43aa-b92f-cb0a.jpg

Motion LIVE 2.0 with IK Driven Mocap and Animation Trigger

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6814d2cf-6f91-4e37-ba72-cecc.jpg

The IK Driven design allows a relatively simple Mocap device, such as Leap Motion, Kinect or SteamVR (VIVE, Oculus hand controllers)  to naturally drive a character’s arms and upper body movements. It can effectively facilitate applications like virtual host, live broadcast, as well as fast animation production.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/adf15bdf-38e9-42f5-a0d8-c35f.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4404d9d7-585b-4fb3-a035-c1f3.jpg

Stream iClone Animation to Unreal by LIVE LINK

In 2019, real-time connection between iClone and Unreal will become a reality. Via Live Link, iClone will be able to synchronize character motions directly to Unreal for unmatched real-time render quality and cut out the tedious task of manual importing.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6551a202-3537-4003-8d57-580a.jpg

Film Level Facial Animation, Facial Hair, and Face Creation Plugin

Besides the functions mentioned above, 3D characters will be greatly enhanced with muscle detail and animation realism. We will also include facial hair, facial morph with wrinkles, as well as Joint Controlled Morphs (JCM) in iClone. The highly anticipated Photo-to-3D Face Plugin will be part of the plan in 2019. 

Please also check out Character Creator 2019 Roadmap.

Looks to be another exciting year for all of us!

Please stay tuned for more to come! Smile

Tony
Product Marketing Manager 

www.reallusion.com
Edited
5 Years Ago by Miranda (RL)
mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 13 hours ago
First!!!   

WOOOOW!!!!! Very impressive!!!! The particle effect part is very intriguing.... If you can explain what it is BigGrin

Bravo !!
The-any-Key
The-any-Key
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Many great things here. As a game developer everything looks very promising.

The VR steam looks very nice if it works well. 

"Live Link" sounds like my next plugin "move with Unity"
But mine is for Unity and only allow record animations from Unity to iClone :-)

iClone 7, 3DXchange 7 Pipeline, CC3 Pipeline, CT8 Pipeline, Iray, Live Face, iPhone Xr, Win 10, i9 9900K ~5GHz, Nvidia RTX 2080 8GB, 16GB Ram, M.2 SSD
Edited
5 Years Ago by The-any-Key
RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Great!

IMO Python API for "Mesh Edit" is a game-changer, if I correctly interpret it as the possibility to transform mesh vertex and faces.
It opens a huge amount of possibilities.

Cheers

Roberto

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

drbernie
drbernie
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (925 reputation)Veteran Member (925 reputation)Veteran Member (925 reputation)Veteran Member (925 reputation)Veteran Member (925 reputation)Veteran Member (925 reputation)Veteran Member (925 reputation)Veteran Member (925 reputation)Veteran Member (925 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Very impressive. Reallusion is a company with vision.

@ Tony (RL): Can you please be more specific about Physics and Human IK?

SeanMac
SeanMac
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Good to hear about the link to Unreal - I hope your Roadmap will not be attacked by the Unrealistic.
animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 13 hours ago
Great, but...

What I'm missing is plans for further development of the Iray plugin, which has had a good start, but is far from done. I would like it to be kept up with any new developments in Iray, other than with Indigo, which was sort of left languishing at Indigo 3.x.

Also, will Open iClone invite development of access to other render engines? It's good to see the interfacing to game engines, but don't forget the filmmakers...Unsure I know some on the forum don't see the need for it, but I would like ALL user scenarios to be considered.

EDIT: Also, don't forget improving the native renderer...Rolleyes

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
5 Years Ago by animagic
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
animagic (2/1/2019)
What I'm missing is plans for further development of the Iray plugin, which has had a good start, but is far from done. I would like it to be kept up with any new developments in Iray, other than with Indigo, which was sort of left languishing at Indigo 3.x.

It's good to see the interfacing to game engines, but don't forget the filmmakers.

EDIT: Also, don't forget improving the native renderer...Rolleyes

+1 and +1 and +1

In the CC3 Roadmap, I added "Sub-surface Scattering (SSS)" as an important feature.

Several "game engines" support some form of SSS, and that should be added to CC3 and the iClone Native Renderer.

Reallusion must continue to care for their native renderer...  Performance improvements... quality improvements... feature enhancements... (Nvidia Hair Works, anyone?)

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
5 Years Ago by justaviking
Postfrosch
Postfrosch
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)

I'm afraid that everything that has nothing to do with "games" and "gamebases" will be forgotten.
Who is interested in RL even the few oldies who want to make films as before?
The Gamers are the future and bring the money for RL

Greets Postfrosch

--------------------------------------------------------------
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cd9c9a06-21a5-44c5-9f67-6810.jpg
akuei2
akuei2
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Erm  ... road map. I'm in doubt!

Reading This Topic