Character Creator - 2019 Roadmap

Posted By Miranda (RL) 5 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 3 votes.
Author
Miranda (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Dear Character Creator Users,

It's been 4 months since the launch of Character Creator 3 (CC3) and we hope the experience has been pleasant.  Moving forward, we will talk about the features in store for you in 2019.

Serving up functions that add variety to characters and optimizing 3rd party engine pipelines have always been our goal as a universal character creation platform.
2019 will feature four major updates: Full Game Pipeline, HD Skin Generator, HD Film Base, Face Creation Plugin.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/eb790c94-b1fd-4281-8f3d-c718.png
*Some new features may require the purchase of additional content and plugins.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/8ac0ed10-e5a3-4050-8443-90a2.jpg

Full Game Pipeline

Last year saw the beta launch of automation scripts / plugins for automatic shader assignments, animation re-targeting, and model configuration in Unity and Unreal.
Our ultimate goal is to make CC the go-to program for 3D character creation for Unity and Unreal.  Besides enhancing scripts and plugins, we plan to release some updates for CC3 that include the following enhancements:
  • Unity & Unreal: Export of LODs are all embedded into one FBX file.  Therefore, only one skeleton is needed to control all of the LOD meshes simultaneously within the engine.
  • Unity
    • A specialized hair shader is provided to overcome the unsightliness of the standard cutoff transparency shader.
    • For HDRP Rendering Pipeline only: skin material will be supplemented with a Detail Map along with proper subsurface scattering (SSS) settings.  We will also auto-configure eye and hair shader parameters when they are released for HDRP rendering in the near future.
  • Unreal
    • Customized Unreal Digital Humans shaders for hair, eyes, tongue, teeth, and skin.  The skin will come with two shaders:
      • HQ skin shader (high quality): using Unreal Digital Human as a base, we adjust the settings to up the ante on visual quality.
      • LW skin shader (lightweight): based on the shaders from Epic Game's Paragon, we leverage their highly optimize skin shader without compromising visual quality.

HD Skin Generator

The long-waited Skin Generator for the Appearance Editor will finally be available in Fall of 2019. 
This updated version will emphasize realism for human and human-like skin textures.

The novel concepts for the Skin Generator will be based on Real Human Skin and Makeup System.  You will be able to adjust effects layers, change their ordering freely, then mix and match to your liking.  This structural design will provide flexibility and maintain good performance for the workspace.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d42045d0-0a92-4b8c-8724-4cb9.png

You can find explanation videos on the new Skin material concepts below.
*Examples provided are all proof of concept and do not necessarily represent the final product in functionality and user experience.

Skin Base & Skin Effects

Makeup System

HD Film Base

Besides CC3 Base, CC3 Game Base, we plan to release a new character base to deliver film level quality to fulfill the demands in AAA Game, Film and Visualization.  There will be subdivision mesh on certain areas of this Film Base to present high definition muscle & body details. With this subdivision mesh, the Film Base not only largely increases the variety of characters you can customize, but also be able to keep the details when transforming Daz, Poser, HiveWire models into CC.  The facial expression will be enhanced with this new base too.  Take Unreal Digital Humans for example, the creation of wrinkles from facial expressions is a natural occurrence that we take for granted and it is exactly the level of detail we will be striving for. 

Besides the updates mentioned above, Joint Controlled Morphs will be integrated as well. Applying poses to a character can flatten meshes around bent joint areas, and in the past, you would utilize Pose Corrective morph sliders to bring back the natural curvature of the muscles in these flattened areas. Now we have incorporated the Joint Controlled Morphs (JCM) technology that will drive the naturalistic shape of the musculature based on the position of the bones.  And this is all done automatically in real-time!

Take the shoulders, arms, and elbows for example:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/80a757bd-4407-4d0b-bff5-7b59.png

New Content Type - Facial Hair

Most of you have expressed the need for additional content in the form of beards and mustaches.  We will prioritize this request to develop content for facial hair that will conform and animate with facial expressions.

*Examples provided are all proof of concept and do not necessarily represent the final product in functionality and user experience.

For the time being, you may find creative approaches to facial hair in the Marketplace useful.  These approaches include the use of Cloth and morph slider techniques that may be satisfy the needs of your projects.

Face Creation Plugin for iClone & Character Creator

CrazyTalk 8 Pipeline has been the bulwark of customized 3D face creation for iClone & Character Creator for a long time now.  However, there will be another face creation tool coming this year that can make the process of photo-to-3D face easier than ever! And more information will be revealed in the following months!

CC Content Packs

Besides application updates and new plugin releases, you can look forward to some great content packs coming this year.  Like Cartoon Morph and Cartoon Hair pack that lets you create Pixar-quality characters, HD Skin essentials pack for more human-like skin options, HD Film Base essentials pack, and much much more.

Take a sneak peek at the Cartoon Hair pack below.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f78c3da2-a97f-42b3-ac22-e014.png

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/acc2cf2c-068e-42ed-9c79-13a7.png

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/705682a9-c9fa-42f7-b716-c444.png

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a9dfe192-2486-4c18-9f8d-f223.png

More information will be revealed in the Content Pack Sneak Peak forum.

Looks to be another exciting year for all of us!
Please stay tuned for more to come!  Smile

--
Links of Official Comments: Feb. 15th, March 5th

Edited
5 Years Ago by Miranda (RL)
Waterlane Studios
Waterlane Studios
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
This looks like an exciting year ahead and some great developments to come> :-)
One thing I feel is missing (please correct me if I'm wrong) is for eye rotation to effect the surrounding skin - i.e. when looking in one direction the eye pulls the eyelid and surrounding face in that direction too - it's one of the key reasons a lot of face animation looks dead. Will this be included?
Postfrosch
Postfrosch
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi Mirinda (RL)
There are supposed to be many new wonderful new features for CC 3 in this roadmap.
But most only for the game developers and users of UE4, Unity and Co as well as DAZ users.
Pure IClone users are no longer available.
(Yes there are a few here who have bought the CC 3 pipeline)
The Appearance Editor for CC 3 Avatars only 1 year !!!! to be had after the release of CC 3 - well can not be changed (is stupid, that's the way it is)

The one the LOD plugin for pure IClone users not (or only limited) can use annoys me more.
That was for me the main reason to acquire CC 3 pipeline.
I asked before buying the opener,
whether you could use and receive diuese LOD's in IClone

It's true that I bring reduced LODs to Iclone via fbx and 3dx, but only if I use Iclone avatars with IClone clause (created from Assassin's base templates and Wizzard-Sorccers, as well as Essential-Pack, etc.) for which to export the license Has.
Export license for the use of RL-Kleber as iAvatar in Iclone !!!!! To equip my avatars, I would have to spend around $ 500.
So now I'm using DAZ-clause - and buying again.

Up to now meant it, it will be at the Erstelloung of LOD avatars
worked as iAvataren:

At the present time, InstalLOD and the Merge Material options are only available through the export panel when outputting to FBX. However, we do plan to allow these options to be available when you export to iAvatar as well. This is planned for a future upgrade coming in the first half of 2019.         

Yes, you can use the game base option for a combined head and body texture but this doesn't include the other InstalLOD options. My point is that we do plan to make the InstalLOD options available for .iAvatar export as well via an upgrade later this year.

Was that just forgotten in the 2019 Roadmap?
or will it be until 2020?
or was this project completely "pulped"
and you can forget it?

Sorry about the "scolding" but that must be

Greetings from Germany
Postfrosch

--------------------------------------------------------------
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cd9c9a06-21a5-44c5-9f67-6810.jpg
toystorylab
toystorylab
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
SAME HERE!
The LOD function was my main reason to buy CC3 pipeline in order to get crowds in ICLONE.
That I still can't use it with my huge collection of Reallusion clothes without export licence is an ABSURDITY.
WHEN will this finally be available??
And the fact we still have to wait till fall 2019 for a functional appearance editor must be a joke...
NOT AMUSED Sick

Toystorylab on Vimeo : https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ce44ea78-6984-47d8-9bf4-b783.png    Crassitudes (my "Alter Ego") on Youtube: https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fcc4df30-b3a8-40a5-a427-0735.png

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
THANK YOU for sharing the roadmap.

I would love to see subsurface scattering (SSS) added to the CC3/iClone suite, including SSS support in the iClone native renderer.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

akuei2
akuei2
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

justaviking (2/1/2019)
THANK YOU for sharing the roadmap.

I would love to see subsurface scattering (SSS) added to the CC3/iClone suite, including SSS support in the iClone native renderer.

Yes, this is a point !

jasonjbrown
jasonjbrown
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Thank you very much, Miranda.
Can you show a demonstration of the webcam facial capture?  Any idea of what that will cost or what app we have to buy?
dante1st
dante1st
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
If the HD Skin Generator will do what I think it will, this is literally my dream come true. Literally. It sounds like it's going to upgrade the looks of an existing character?

That's always been my fear, that since I don't just make one off videos and it's more like an ongoing "series," my fear has always been that as the technology improves, my main character (shown in my signature below ) Kyra, slowly looking more and more outdated. But it sounds like I can apply this realistic skin onto this already existing head, and essentially keep the same person? 

If that is true, that would be great, that would prevent me from having to choose between continuity of the character by using the same "old" model, or upgrade to the newer, more realistic model which would be jarring, since I'd essentially be recasting a character. 

I'm sure there will eventually come a point where the older models can no longer be "upgraded," so I'll have to prepare for that day with a storyline to explain why she looks different, but I'm glad I can use this FACE for the time being. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My iClone short films: https://www.youtube.com/iClone316

Edited
5 Years Ago by dante1st
Rottadamic
Rottadamic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

if I may suggest an ad for the makeup > please also make-up for the eyebrows

My Youtube Channel

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago

Have a close look at the AE videos. It looks to be a far more modular system that also allows for layer changes of different components. This means you can put a makeup layer on top of your eyebrows, if you wish.

Looks like a much easier to use UI as well! Smile

The skins will still be a component you can save and apply to other characters as well. Keeping a character "current" will certainly be possible.
Edited
5 Years Ago by Rampa

Reading This Topic