Character Creator - 2019 Roadmap

Posted By Miranda (RL) 5 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 3 votes.

Author
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 hours ago
I think we all understand what LOD means, and we do not expect the LOD for a specific character to change dynamically in an iClone scene.

However, for each LOD level there is a version of the character with reduced polygon count. It is these characters that we want to be able to use within iClone. It's as simple as that.

It is not a language problem because I understand English perfectly well and so does Jason Brown. We had an expectation about being able to use reduced poly CC characters in iClone, which somehow doesn't seem to come to fruition.

I also rather have an official response from RL of what expect at this point, as the rest is just speculation. If you don't need the feature fine, but some of us do.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
5 Years Ago by animagic
Postfrosch
Postfrosch
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Now Install LOD could be use to generate a low poly character alone , not embeded with a hirez one, for crowd. But you need an export liscence because you must go outside of
Iclone univers.

Either you do not want to understand it,
or you can not understand it !!!

I do not want the polyreduced LOD avatars in any way
of these games Engienes like Unity, UE 4 etc use.
I do not want to use them in the usual way as well
LOD's are used.
I just want to create LOW-Polyge Avater to be able to create Crowdscenen - It works so synonymous - just not RL clothing because this export license is needed. Is also understandable for the export to Unity and Co.
However, I only want to use these lowpoly avatars with IClone - alsop nichut outside the RL world. I would like to send this part of CC 3pipeline (RL) program to IClone 7 (RL program) - without export license. And that does not work !!!!
Before I bought pipleine with CC 3 I asked several times if I could use these LOD avatars in IClone.
I usually got no answer, then it was said, you can use it in IClone because it would be iAvatare !!! But they are not.
Later it was announced that it would work to be able to export these LODs as iAvatars to IClone (possibly announced for CC 3.04 or at the latest for CC 3.1 (sounded as if CC 3.1 were already at the door) in the 2019 Roadmap But nowhere else, unfortunately

Greets Postfrosch
I will not comment on that anymore.
There is no point in discussing it.

--------------------------------------------------------------
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cd9c9a06-21a5-44c5-9f67-6810.jpg
mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
If you don't need the feature fine, but some of us do

Of course I need that ! I was certainly on of the first to try make one , with success, with CC1 but of course with blender Wink

@ Postfrosh
Sorry If I didn't understand you but I never think that Install LOD was made for Iclone but if you refer to this video at 3:30 :

I understand that it caused frustation because it's clearly Iclone interface with all lowrez with clothes from marketplace .

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/295b5da6-714c-4a6a-a3f4-0d40.jpg 
But instead of your non answer , I had answer but months after buying with the popcorfx that marketplace is forbidden for custummers to sell particles... 
Today I will wait weeks after release and  
I will not engage in pre-purchase anymore.
sonic7
sonic7
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)

@Job " .... I think we all understand what LOD means, and we do not expect the LOD for a specific character to change dynamically in an iClone scene. 
However, for each LOD level there is a version of the character with reduced polygon count. It is these characters that we want to be able to use within iClone. It's as simple as that. .... "

Yes, that clarifies things exactly ....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

Edited
5 Years Ago by sonic7
Postfrosch
Postfrosch
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)

@mtakerkart
But instead of your non answer , I had answer but months after buying with the popcorfx that marketplace is forbidden for custummers to sell particles... 
Today I will wait weeks after release and  
I will not engage in pre-purchase anymore.                               

Hello, if you mean me:
What do I have to do with Popcorn FX? There is nothing in the whole tread I do not have it anymore. I'm happy with it - even if there are no updates for it. And above all: This has nothing to do with the CC
This is only about the LOD or polyreduced avatar
which are not possible with RL clothing via LODInstall without export license.Ermm
Maybe one should have pointed out in advertising:
Attention: LODInstall only partially suitable for use with IClone. 
The export license is required for export with RL Cloth..Wink

From my side, the matter is resolved
Although I am not satisfied - I was just too stupid to understand the CC 3 pipeline was mainly intended for Unity and Co User. I will not comment on it, as it makes no sense.
Sorry - but I'm disappointed that IClone users depend so easilyAngrySadCrying
Greeting Postfrosch

Edited
5 Years Ago by Postfrosch
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 8 hours ago
Postfrosch (2/16/2019)

Before I bought pipleine with CC 3 I asked several times if I could use these LOD avatars in IClone.
I usually got no answer, then it was said, you can use it in IClone because it would be iAvatare !!! But they are not.
Later it was announced that it would work to be able to export these LODs as iAvatars to IClone (possibly announced for CC 3.04 or at the latest for CC 3.1 (sounded as if CC 3.1 were already at the door) in the 2019 Roadmap But nowhere else, unfortunately

Greets Postfrosch
I will not comment on that anymore.
There is no point in discussing it.

Hi Postfrosch

If you look back to my original reply to you HERE you will see I mentioned that the plan was to add this feature somewhere between the 3.04 and 3.1updates. At the present time, this is still the plan if solutions to some issues can be found (but it isn't confirmed as yet). Sadly though the 3.1 update is not likely to appear before Q3 2019 so it is still some way off sadly.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Postfrosch
Postfrosch
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi Peter,
Thanks for your answer

Yes that was your answer
CC3 to iClone: ​​The plan is to fix the issue by implementing direct export of LOD characters from the 3.04 update.
I had relied on.

Unfortunately, none of these dates seems to be fixed after the fact and I have to fear that an export of polyreduced CC 3 avatars (RL-clause without export license) with LODInstall-Remesher to IClone 7 !! may never be possible. There is also no talk of it in the roadmap

For me, the topic is ticked off. I can not (currently ???) no CC 3 avatars with RL-clause for which I have no export license with the LODInstall - Remesher not edit (the remesher does not even open) and so polyreduzieren, although these avatars are sent only to IClone 7 should. This works only with clothes from DAZ (which I do not particularly like) or self-made clothes (which I can not). I will not comment on that because it makes no sense or anything. Pity

Then it should be just like that and I have paid apprenticeship for my good faith.

To make it clear:
I am very satisfied with what CC 3 can do.
The avatars are good to very good.
The Appearance Editor, which does not exist for CC 3 Base avatars, does not work for me because I can dodge CC 1/2 avatars.
Also that one polyreduce clothes now is well solved.

I just miss the opportunity to polyreduce my created avatars so far, so I can do Crowdscenen.
This possibility was the main reason that I bought with the pipline version. (no interest in GoZ, no interest in export to Unity and Co, no interest in IRay)

Greetings from Germany
Postfrosch
I know that you have a very thankless job
by discomfort that is not there for most
to answer. I do not want to make your work unnecessarily difficult.

Edited
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
If you delete the teeth of your background characters, they use a bit less resources.
Also, with iC7.41, you can Cntrl-drag to duplicate characters. They will share the same textures, just like duplicated props.
Postfrosch
Postfrosch
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi Rampa
I know and use the new function of copying avatars in IClone 7.41 and was very pleased that we finally made it possible. This function has been requested by many users for a long time (IClone 4/5) and reported to RL.
All the more I miss now the possibility to use my own avatars polyredziert. Game Base is a good start, but less than 20,000 polys incl clothes I have not yet found ways. With LODInstall remesher make 5,000 polygons incl clothes. I can reduce avatars with clothes from DAZ or other sources and use them in IClone. But I do not want to pay export license for RL-clothing which I use only within the RL world to make it with self-designed RL-clothing too.

These are avatars of this kind that I want to use.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/921e2c1a-e1a7-475a-8751-8a0f.png
The clothing was created on the basis of the Accassinen and Wizzard Bases.
Thats ar all Game Bases

greeting from Germany
Postfrosch

Edited
sonic7
sonic7
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)

Postfrosch  " .... Game Base is a good start, but less than 20,000 polys incl clothes I have not yet found ways. With LODInstall remesher make 5,000 polygons incl clothes. I can reduce avatars with clothes from DAZ or other sources and use them in IClone. But I do not want to pay export license for RL-clothing which I use only within the RL world to make it with self-designed RL-clothing too. .... "

Yes - agree .........

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

Edited
5 Years Ago by sonic7

Reading This Topic