Character Creator - 2019 Roadmap

Posted By Miranda (RL) 5 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 3 votes.
Author
TonyDPrime
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 days ago
I think this all looks really great!

I have one nitpick with this.  On the video with the guy with the facial hair beard, look how far back his teeth are. 
I have seen this with the Virtual Humans too.  The teeth are too far back, please design them so they are moved closer to the lips, it looks off.

THX!
COOL!
dante1st
dante1st
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
TonyDPrime (2/2/2019)
I think this all looks really great!

I have one nitpick with this.  On the video with the guy with the facial hair beard, look how far back his teeth are. 
I have seen this with the Virtual Humans too.  The teeth are too far back, please design them so they are moved closer to the lips, it looks off.

THX!
COOL!

Totally agree. I'll go even further and say that I actually prefer the CC1 and CC2 teeth over CC3.

Not sure I can explain it, but there's something odd about either the shape or color? It's like there's a black outline that's a bit too distinct on the teeth. Hard to explain, but if you look at a side by side, the CC2 teeth look 100% better than CC3 teeth (at least unmodified)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My iClone short films: https://www.youtube.com/iClone316

TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)

Last Active: 8 days ago
RL - You know how you have the thing now where you can bring in multiple poses now through 3DXchange (WHICH IS AWESOME!!!),
could we get something like that for the Daz textures, where we could bring in a multiple selection of texture files for conversion (as opposed to one per Transform import.) 
IE - 3 or 4 faces/bodies/arms/legs for conversion on a character at a time, as opposed to just one.

THX!
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi everyone, 

Thanks for your comments!
This roadmap only shows the big updates, while not revealing all details.
Welcome to write down all your questions, we will review all, and get back to you in mid-Feb. Thanks!
Ellessarr
Ellessarr
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
really cool improviments the road map, my only "sadness on that"is on the lack of morphs export to game engines" which at last for me could be a top priority, that is really a big feature which could make CC3 a real default tool for any indy developer and maybe some non indie, 

Another important missing feature could be exporting only sepparated characters parts or cloths instead of the whole character to help speed up character customization system in the engines is really annoying have to export the whole character every time i just want a different cloth or something like that.

And for the last one question, some of that "extra" essentials things like hairs will come free??(for base CC) please or we gonna need to buy all of them???any chances for them be added on the base CC3???? if i've already have the essential pack i gonna be able to get them for free or it will be a "new essential pack?.

and another question for the make up and eyebrows and others face customizations will be possible to export it in sepparated textures like the cloths or when exporting to the engine it will baked in the main skin texture?? again for game develop could be much better if they can come sepparated like extra textures or in some cases like the eyebrows being a different meshe like the eyes and mouth the more customization is allowed outside the cc to the engine the much mire wanted it can become.

another good possible feature could also be able to use seamless textures(like the textures or materials from substance paint) to customize cloths and others things.

anyway really interesting features and looking foward for it, any plans for a "release date for some of the features?? like ending of the first year quarter or the ending of each quarter or something like that??

well keep the good work and thanks for a very good
Edited
5 Years Ago by Ellessarr
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
Between the mesh hiding option in the mesh edit tools and the delete hidden mesh in the FBX export, you can export any combo of clothing or body parts you want. You will always get a complete skeleton though. Wink
Ellessarr
Ellessarr
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Rampa (2/6/2019)
Between the mesh hiding option in the mesh edit tools and the delete hidden mesh in the FBX export, you can export any combo of clothing or body parts you want. You will always get a complete skeleton though. Wink

well you still have to go to or blender or maya or any other 3d editor to delete the parts you don't want, if you just want a t-shirt or skirt you must export the whole body even after using the hidden/delete option it's only work for the "hidden" parts any exposed part will be still there and that is the problem, is much more easy if i can export just the t-shirt with the skeleton than have to export the body and go to a third part program to remove the not wanted meshes.
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
Consider how you can use those two features I mentioned together.

Ellessarr
Ellessarr
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Rampa (2/6/2019)
Consider how you can use those two features I mentioned together.

lol very interesting work around i give you that, but still could be good to have a more simplified and directly way to do that without have to be "creative"(working arounds) but for now it's really look working perfect.

thanks for the tip.
Brick Loko
Brick Loko
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (989 reputation)Veteran Member (989 reputation)Veteran Member (989 reputation)Veteran Member (989 reputation)Veteran Member (989 reputation)Veteran Member (989 reputation)Veteran Member (989 reputation)Veteran Member (989 reputation)Veteran Member (989 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Good news, thanks.

Looking forward for the Cartoon Morphs and Hair packs.

Best

Reading This Topic