Need help - Preview shows dark room

Posted By rightdecis 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
rightdecis
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I have a project in IClone that takes place indoors. At first the walls and floor surrounding the room wouldn't even show up in the preview. But then I unselected the room as dummy. And now there is a new problem. Although my project has lights whenever I preview it in Iray it shows a very dark room with the light coming only from the windows and from the one avatar in the project. I can't seem to resolve this issue no matter what I do. This is just the preview I don't want it to render this dark room.

Can anyone help me please?

I make my dreams into movies.

raxel_67
raxel_67
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
That is because iclone light is not entirely accurate but iray is accurate. Your issue is happening because the lights aare outsside your scene. In iray the ibl will generate shadows while the iclone preview doesnt render ibl shadows hence the discrepancy between iclone and iray. You need some lights in your interiors
rightdecis
rightdecis
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

How do I add lights in the interiors?

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
rightdecis (1/30/2019)

One simple answer is, "The same way you do at home."  You will need to add "lights" (Create --> Light...)

You can also add some "glowing panels" and stuff like that.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Renaissance Man Studios
Renaissance Man Studios
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
justaviking (1/30/2019)
rightdecis (1/30/2019)

One simple answer is, "The same way you do at home."  You will need to add "lights" (Create --> Light...)

I'm using the included G6 with Mason and Heidi sitting on the couch. It already has a combination of four lights pre-staged in the scene and I still get darkness. I even tried adding an additional spotlight and still no different. I sure I am missing something.
Renaissance Man Studios
Renaissance Man Studios
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Renaissance Man Studios (1/31/2019)
justaviking (1/30/2019)
rightdecis (1/30/2019)

I'm using the included G6 with Mason and Heidi sitting on the couch. It already has a combination of four lights pre-staged in the scene and I still get darkness. I even tried adding an additional spotlight and still no different. I sure I am missing something.

I figured it out. I had to deselect the iRay Preview Selected button in the top right. Although that sounds backwardhttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/bb0f64d3-d188-4f44-9da9-172d.png.

animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
I loaded the project and did a Preview render and it showed up OK. I then converted to PBR for looks and rendered again:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9e300fd0-8263-4c4d-a87a-10e0.jpg

So it shouldn't be dark. Could you post a screen capture of the Preview render window?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
OK, we cross-posted.

Iray Preview Selected only renders the items in the Selection List under Preview Selected:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/22a31943-9bcd-46d7-8008-f5b3.png

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
5 Years Ago by animagic
Renaissance Man Studios
Renaissance Man Studios
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

animagic (1/31/2019)
OK, we cross-posted.

Iray Preview Selected only renders the items in the Selection List under Preview Selected:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/22a31943-9bcd-46d7-8008-f5b3.png

Thanks for clarifying!!!!
Although I fixed it, it didn't understand why and now I do.
rightdecis
rightdecis
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I've been adding indoor light props that have a glow effect to them to my indoor scenes. It seems to be working. But the size of the props only brings a little light. How can I add a very big interior light?

Reading This Topic