Profile Picture

Is IRAY Render to uncompressed AVI coming in the future?

Posted By pwnz7321 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Is IRAY Render to uncompressed AVI coming in the future?

Author
pwnz7321
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 days ago
So from what I can see you can only save your renders as an Image Sequence, MP4, and save MI Scene. One of the easiest formats for me to edit with is uncompressed avi since it can also keeps the audio. Will this be coming in the future or were there difficulties with that save format? I know it's not make or break for me since I can always take the image sequence but I would love to have it. Also is there a way to change the compression quality of the mp4 format for IRAY? Also can someone tell me what an MI Scene is and how to go about using it?
animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 hours ago
Renderers like Iray will always start out as an image sequence, so there is always conversion involved to get to a video file. One free way to do this conversion is to use VirtualDub, which will take an image sequence and then write it out as a video file, including uncompressed AVI. MP4 is not really suitable for quality work in a video editor and is not recommended. 

Some video editors will work directly with image sequences, which is the way I use them. I have Vegas Pro, but other video editors have the same capability.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic