What's New in Iray Render Plug-in v1.1

Posted By Tony (RL) 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Tony (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Dear iCloners,

Iray rendering allows the creation of state of the art workflow with access to photo-realistic and physically based rendering technology. Fully equipped with Nvidia's render engine, version 1.1 of Iray Render Plug-in can render animations in iClone by simulating real-world physics-based interactions between lights and materials, and export rendered 
animations in MP4 format and image sequences for post-processing.  

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/3e284cff-bbe2-4409-958a-c669.jpg

*For more information see https://www.reallusion.com/render/iray/default.html

Known Issues:
  • Far parameter not recognized by Iray SDK Camera Clip. (for iClone & Character Creator)
  • Strength and UV offset/tiling for iC Sky Textures has no effect in the Iray renderer. (for iClone & Character Creator)
  • Iray does not have a way of showing LOD mesh for SpeedTrees. Instead, disable the checkbox under Preference > Real-time Render Options > Level of Detail to preview the SpeedTree mesh. (for iClone)
  • Rendering issues with overlapping faces in the Iray renderer. (for iClone & Character Creator)
  • Adjusted Constraint (Reach Target, Look At...) / Lua related content (Light Tool, Sky Tool...) parameters.  There may be problems with the Iray preview auto-update: one will have to manually relaunch the Iray previewer. (for iClone)
  • Backdrop visual defects under the Iray Interactive Mode when the sky ball and Iray ground plane are both activated. (for iClone & Character Creator)
  • Substance texture reduction to 1 pixel in the Iray preview under the Minimal Mode will only show as such when the user does either of the following: (for iClone)
    1. Perform Edit (Menu) > Bake All Substance Textures.
    2. Enlarge the iClone max texture size.
  • Faulty texture to material assignments within the MI file for scenes containing some multi-materials or SpeedTrees. (for iClone)
  • Some frames of the exported MI file wont render completely for a scene that contains SpeedTree that goes in and out of the camera view. (for iClone)

Tony
Product Marketing Manager 

www.reallusion.com
Edited
5 Years Ago by Chuck (RL)
ckalan1
ckalan1
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
I have managed to render successfully 3 times of the same avatar. But for the last 4 tries, at rendering it crashed my computer. I am trying to figure out what is causing this behavior. If I figure it out I will let you know.
Is anyone else having this issue?

BTW what does MI stand for?

Craig
Edited
5 Years Ago by ckalan1
Warped Reality VFX
Warped Reality VFX
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 hours ago
Hello After checking out Nvidia's render engine,
From this post the engine supports these feature that I am curious about will these be exposed my main concern is panoramic snapshots.

IRAY AND VR
VR support within Iray ranges from panoramic snapshots to fully immersive Iray VR experiences. VR snapshots are created with spherical lenses that are actually just one of the many new physical and industry lenses available to use from any Iray camera location. Iray VR produces an immersive photorealistic world that you can walk about using a head-mounted display (HMD) to examine your scene from every vantage point.
Thank you for any information.

Warped Reality VFX.

Reading This Topic