Anima 3.5.3 and Miss Polka Dot

Posted By JimmyB7 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
JimmyB7
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I’ve been working with Anima 3.5.3, and having good luck importing small animated crowds through 3DXchange pipeline. I’ve seen others here who have had spectacular success.  Of course the 3DXchange 32-bit limitation is extremely annoying, but by taking it in small bites, I can bring these amazing crowd scenes into iClone 7.4.  However, when exporting characters from 3DXchange, it’s not so much fun.  Until now, I have not figured a way to get around Anima’s extensive bone mapping process.  I know it’s doable, but it’s a PIA.  Now I have found that if I use Character Creator  3.03.1205 pipeline to export certain characters using FBX, and the Unity 3D template, it works beautifully with NO bone mapping in Anima required.
- First of all, I use the default character that first opens with CC3.  The girl with the Polka Dot bikini. Any hair or cloths that I own export rights too will work.  The model can be morphed as long as the bone structure stays intact. But the more elaborate the model’s clothing, the harder Anima works to import.  CC3_RTL high resolution skin templates applied  work with no problems.
- The Unity 3D setting I use is vanilla, no changes to the export screen. I have NOT tried InstaLOD turned on yet.
- When Anima recognizes the bone structure it likes, the message is: “This skeleton’s bone names match the following preset: Reallusion_A.  Do you want to use this preset?”
- Answer YES, and the model easily imports barring too much complicated clothing, etc.
- The pricing of Anima’s models is expensive and limited.
- By using CC3 pipeline, and certain models, the crowd potential appears to be only limited by export license.
- I can easily imagine Western town crowds, or concert crowds, space city crowds, ancient biblical times, etc., that have proper clothing for the period portrayed.
What I am looking for help with is for someone with Anima 3.5.3, and CC3 pipeline, to verify that Miss Polka Dot (or male equivalent),  indeed can be exported to Anima with ease, and why other CC3 models kick off the Anima bone structure mapping requirement.  Thanks in advance.

CyberpowerPC, 64 GB Ram, 64bit Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i9-10980XE 18 Core CPU,  ASUS TUF X299 Mark 1 Motherboard, ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-O11G-GAMING graphics card, Toshiba 3TB hard drive, 3 x Seagate 3TB hard drives, RAGNAROK 801 Full Tower, LEPA G1600 1600W power supply, Killer WI-FI 6,  ASUS PA329Q 32" 4K/UHD IPS Monitor.
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 35 minutes ago
They sure can! Smile

I've done a lot of exporting to Anima, even IntaLOD'ed, and it works just fine. I use the UE4 preset. Both have profiles in Anima for auto-recognition.

Remember you can start with DAZ characters through the Transformer as well.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 12 minutes ago
I specifically did not upgrade my Anima license (I'm still at 3.5.0) because I could never get it to work properly with imported figures (they would import okay, but then walk/slide/collapse on the exported scene).  Are you two saying this doesn't happen with 3.5.3?

I can post some samples, but I always found this to be a problem with exporting to XChange, even using the default Anima people.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

I'm still on 3.5. I don't think there has been any changes that would effect us. I would sometimes have issues importing characters into version 3, but 3.5 has been good so far.
JimmyB7
JimmyB7
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Rampa and Kelleytoons, thank you.
I forgot to mention about DAZ3D characters.  Also the Anima import settings I use for File Units is “Centimeters” and Max Texture Quality is “Keep Original”.  Too me after a couple years frustration with Anima importing, I think I’ve finally hit pay dirt.  I now envision uniformed marching armies, or rag tag marching armies, whatever.  Not to mention Zombies. I’ll try the UE4 preset.  Anima 3.5.3 does seem to be a breakthrough for me.

No Anima bone mapping is wonderful!

This is exciting stuff.  Thanks again.

CyberpowerPC, 64 GB Ram, 64bit Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i9-10980XE 18 Core CPU,  ASUS TUF X299 Mark 1 Motherboard, ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-O11G-GAMING graphics card, Toshiba 3TB hard drive, 3 x Seagate 3TB hard drives, RAGNAROK 801 Full Tower, LEPA G1600 1600W power supply, Killer WI-FI 6,  ASUS PA329Q 32" 4K/UHD IPS Monitor.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

So I did some pretty intensive testing with Anima 3.5.3 (which is MUCH better than just 3.5 for one thing along -- import).

I exported the LOD from CC3 in all the flavors it does -- Blender, Maya, Max, Unity, Unreal, Motion Builder, Cinema 4d.  The only one that wouldn't import without completely mapping the bones was Unreal (so it's the only one I would not recommend using).  All the others Anima correctly understood and brought in without mapping.  Comparing the various file sizes and visually comparing (as best as possible) the results in Anima shows there ARE some differences, but it's so minor I couldn't definitely say one was better than the other.  All in All I actually like the Blender export from CC3 the best -- it seems to preserve the creases in clothing better (I was using High output for texture and standard for mesh -- I may play around with these but just in preliminary tests it doesn't appear to increase the quality much no matter what you do with LOD).

I was a bit disappointed that Anima won't bring in just a "normal" export FBX from CC3, at least with much clothing (it's just too many verts, even when reduced).  Also, you can't convert to a game character or you lose the auto bone mapping as well, which is too bad (I HATE having to define the bones, even if you only do it once, because things like the fingers just never look right).

I don't see Anima with CC3 as much use beyond distant crowds, then -- because of the limitation of getting a much higher res model into it.  It's too bad there isn't a good "middle ground" with LOD, but the highest I could get out of there was still WAY too low to use in anything other than a shot from 100 feet away or so.  If anyone has good tips on how to do that I'd love to hear it.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Do check the log. It may not be importing for a different reason. I have had the specular cause problems in some cases.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I'll look, Rampa, but I doubt if that's it (the same avatar comes in fine with LOD -- without it, Anima just crashes).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Yeah. That's just a guess based on what has killed the import for me on some. In my case it is the specular on the Apocolypse clothing. I think opacity is also not supported in Anima. Have you had luck with eyelashes?
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

What log are you talking about?  I started looking and could find no Anima log.

Eyelashes aren't a concern because none of these characters should ever be seen close enough to see eyelashes (honestly, they need to be seen far enough away you can hardly tell they have a face -- there are just too many issues with clothing and body poke throughs you can't fix, at least with the LOD export, which is all I can get to work).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic