Profile Picture

Questions about CrazyTalk, CrazyTalk animator & iClone

Posted By tech.idea.algorithms 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
tech.idea.algorithms
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
The question is these scenarios. Please answer them all for me.

1) If I create a 2D head in CrazyTalk, Will I be able to use in CrazyTalk animator?

2) If I create a 3D head in CrazyTalk, Will I be able to transfer it to Character Creator to create a character with that head? After creating a character in character creator, will i able to transfer it or use in iClone and CrazyTalk animator?

3) I do understand that I can create characters in Character Creator but how can I create assets (like buildings, cars, bike...) to be used in iClone or CrazyTalk animator?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 32 minutes ago
tech.idea.algorithms (1/21/2019)

The question is these scenarios. Please answer them all for me.

1) If I create a 2D head in CrazyTalk, Will I be able to use in CrazyTalk animator?

No, because they use different file formats, CrazyTalk heads won't open in CrazyTalk Animator 3.

2) If I create a 3D head in CrazyTalk, Will I be able to transfer it to Character Creator to create a character with that head? After creating a character in character creator, will i able to transfer it or use in iClone and CrazyTalk animator?

If you have CrazyTalk 8 Pipeline then yes you can export to RLHead format which can be opened by Character Creator 3. You can also use the heads with iClone 7 but not CrazyTalk Animator 3.

3) I do understand that I can create characters in Character Creator but how can I create assets (like buildings, cars, bike...) to be used in iClone or CrazyTalk animator?

For iClone 7 you can create props in any 3D modelling software like the FREE Blender. Then you can bring in your own models (or any other 3rd party models) by converting them using our conversion software 3DXchange 7. You can find out more about 3DXchange 7 HERE.

With CrazyTalk Animator you are working in 2D so you can take any photo, drawing or screenshot and make it a prop in CTA3. You will just need to remove the background first in your image editing software, and then drag the image (PNG etc.) into CTA3 where you will be prompted to convert it to a prop.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

tech.idea.algorithms
tech.idea.algorithms
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Thanks for answering those questions. I got more Smile

1) As you said assets can be created in software like blender. Is there a software to quickly create assets? A software that is very user friendly or quick to learn.

2) for crazytalk animator, is there a tutorial to show me how to create a character from a picture?

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 32 minutes ago
tech.idea.algorithms (1/21/2019)
Thanks for answering those questions. I got more Smile

1) As you said assets can be created in software like blender. Is there a software to quickly create assets? A software that is very user friendly or quick to learn.

Any 3D modelling software you decide to use will have a learning curve and that includes the free Blender. There is no way around this and you must be willing to invest some time to learn. However, there are a multitude of tutorials available on YouTube and other sites that can help you get started with 3D modelling. 

If you are a complete beginner you can start with something like Paint 3D which comes with Windows 10. This easy to use software is more powerful than it first looks and you can create some decent looking 3D models very easily. And as an alternative to using any kind of 3D modelling software, you can use iClone's own 3D Block system. This is a collection of different 3D shapes that can be resized, repositioned and merged together to create different types of 3D models. 

Finally, you can avoid the modelling process altogether by using pre-made assets. We have a Marketplace of characters, props and accessories that can be used, or you can import free models from sites such as the Trimble Warehouse using 3DXchange 7. There are thousands of different models available.

2) for crazytalk animator, is there a tutorial to show me how to create a character from a picture?

We have many tutorials that can help you create characters in CrazyTalk Animator 3. There are various ways to create characters such as using PSD templates if you have Pipeline version, or by creating the character within CTA3 itself if you have the Pro version. You can also use the "Free Bone" system to add bones to almost any picture and bring it to life instantly. To find the tutorials please click HERE.

I hope this helps a little. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
5 Years Ago by Peter (RL)

Reading This Topic