Showcase Yourself

Posted By Ola(RL) 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Ola(RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Broometoons (2/6/2019)
So after yesterdays first test to see how easy it was to make a turning head, I've drawn something a tiny bit more involved. The whole process, from drawing it to uploading this video took a little over two hours. I'll come back to this one, add more detail and start seeing how easy it is to swap out sprites, make the head talk etc. My problem is, work gets in the way of doing this!

Hi Broometoons

One of Reallusion's trainers had offered advises based on your project - "Basic Monkey Test".
As we talked about, I would like to share the tips with the entire Beta population and let users benefit from this test.

Hi All Beta Users

Want a Reallusion in house trainer to help with CTA 4?
Want an animation lesson from a Reallusion certified animator?
Want your project(s) re-touched by Reallusion CTA Team?

What are you waiting for? Just submit your showcase(s) and send your project(s) to me = Ola.

Here are the suggestions and video guide our trainer provided based on Broometoons' project.

""
To make my reply more understandable, I chose your monkey as reference and created a test project for 360 head creator. I am not one of the developers of this tool so I was able to test it from the angle of a beta user just like you.

Here is my test video uploaded onto Youtube:

As you can see in the video. The moving range of the head in my 1st attempt is a bit limited. The result wasn't very satisfying so I gave it another try. During the process of 2nd attempt I simply added new middle keys in the Head Turn Layout, then I copied keyframes of the four conerners onto the four middle ones. This way I would have good middle keys to keep making the look of four corners more extreme.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/68faf275-b149-418e-86ed-8837.png

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/2197b791-cc7d-4a34-95a2-71ee.png

IMHO The 2nd attempt has been improved quite a bit but still having issues like the consistency of the facial elements across keyframes (in terms of size and shape). The ears were not convincing enough when the head turns. All these could be solved by carefully Transform, Deform and change the layer orders (Layer Manager) of facial elements. Again I spent some time and created another version following these rules. Both Average and Mirror tools were very useful during my 3rd attempt. I use Average tool a lot for keyframe iterations and Mirror for speeding up the process. The outcome still has room for improvement but it does look much better compared to my 1st attempt Smile
Edited
5 Years Ago by Ola(RL)
Ola(RL)
Ola(RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Ihms (2/13/2019)

It needs some work, but this is the first example of a semi-working model.

Hi Ihms

One of Reallusion's trainers had offered advises based on your project - "Monster".
As we talked about, I would like to share the tips with the entire Beta population and let users benefit from this test.

Hi All Beta Users

Want a Reallusion in house trainer to help with CTA 4?
Want an animation lesson from a Reallusion certified animator?
Want your project(s) re-touched by Reallusion CTA Team?

What are you waiting for? Just submit your showcase(s) and send your project(s) to me = Ola.

Here are the suggestions and video guide our trainer provided based on Ihms' project.

""The character design of yours is lovely. All facial components are very well done. IMHO the only issue was the head and the body were stuck together in one image. This might limit the performance of the new head rotation system since you were moving the face instead of the head. I made a few changes of the project you provided, seperated the head and the body. Tweaked some of your original keyframes. Here is a video of the test result:

Then I use the same voice over and did an animatin test, to see how the 360 Head Creator works with the body animation so far. Apparently there are things need to be fixed on our end. For example I had a hard time to manipulate the Face Key Editor. The design makes it difficult to get the full potential of the new head rotation system on Stage Mode. The anim test is far from perfection but you might get an idea of how a character like yours could be animated in a cutout animation software like CTA.

Hopefully my feedback is useful to you in some way. Feel free to give me a shout if you would like to have further discussion Smile

Ola(RL)
Ola(RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

kimber_17 (3/15/2019)
Here's a quick little run cycle, made with a Custom Freebone Character and hand-keyed motion frames.
He's not much (right now), but after practicing with him some more, I'm hoping to develop him into a cartoon episode.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7f8dc43d-b769-4c98-92b8-47e1.gif

Hi Kimber

It has been a while since you created CTA 3 showcase.

Love your character.
I would like to see an complete video from you.
kimber_17
kimber_17
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 days ago

Hi Kimber

Love your character.

Hello Ola!
Yes, it HAS been a while. Last year was not such a creative year for me... I hope to change that this year Smile
I'm very excited about Cartoon Animator - I've been a little busy at work, but I'm trying to test out the new features.
I just used the little custom "Running 'Rex" to get my feet wet.
I'm really excited about the 360-degree head movements - I've been playing around with the cat character that came with CTA4,
but I'm busy trying to build my own head to fully test the new features.

I'm using an iMac with 24GB of Ram and 641GB free drive space... and I'm experiencing a lot of crashes where CTA4 Beta unexpectedly quits.
Has anyone else experienced a great number of crashes using the CTA4 Beta?
Just curious.
Thanks for allowing me to be part of this Group!
vepop
vepop
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year

My FIRST G4 character :-
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/97cc3c72-3aab-4448-90c5-8d8f.gif

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9331d0a4-6a4b-4e86-9f88-963f.jpg
YouTube Tutorials Here
Ola(RL)
Ola(RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

kimber_17 (3/20/2019)

Hi Kimber

Love your character.

Hello Ola!
Yes, it HAS been a while. Last year was not such a creative year for me... I hope to change that this year Smile
I'm very excited about Cartoon Animator - I've been a little busy at work, but I'm trying to test out the new features.
I just used the little custom "Running 'Rex" to get my feet wet.
I'm really excited about the 360-degree head movements - I've been playing around with the cat character that came with CTA4,
but I'm busy trying to build my own head to fully test the new features.

I'm using an iMac with 24GB of Ram and 641GB free drive space... and I'm experiencing a lot of crashes where CTA4 Beta unexpectedly quits.
Has anyone else experienced a great number of crashes using the CTA4 Beta?
Just curious.
Thanks for allowing me to be part of this Group!

Hi Kimber

It is great that you brought up the crash problem with your hardware setups.
Crash is always urgent issue for us.
I will provide you with a internal version to see the issue is from 2.0 or not.
Please look out for my mail.

If any Beta user has any crash problem, please mail me.

BR,
Ola 

Ola(RL)
Ola(RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

vepop (3/20/2019)

My FIRST G4 character :-
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/97cc3c72-3aab-4448-90c5-8d8f.gif

WOW

cnmeyer1980
cnmeyer1980
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (922 reputation)Veteran Member (922 reputation)Veteran Member (922 reputation)Veteran Member (922 reputation)Veteran Member (922 reputation)Veteran Member (922 reputation)Veteran Member (922 reputation)Veteran Member (922 reputation)Veteran Member (922 reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Hi everyone - sorry for being so late to the game re uploading BETA tests, everything has been a bit manic, however, just finally had chance to play around with the latest version this morning and whipped this up in under an hour - the software as we all know, is brilliant.

For this character I created him with a side body but front looking face - I found it much easier to create the side views using the front view as its main base. I need to fix the ear as currently they just stay at the back - I did move it forward on the turn but it just suddenly popped to the front which looked a little obvious, so, I will see if I can mask it somehow, or have another later in front of the ear that distorts as the head turns to create a smoother effect.

Anyhow, more playing around this weekend (hopefully) but all in all, LOVE it.

I did have a few issues when the file was large (about 13MB) however, when I reduced the file to approx 3MB, it seemed to work fine Smile
cnmeyer1980
cnmeyer1980
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (922 reputation)Veteran Member (922 reputation)Veteran Member (922 reputation)Veteran Member (922 reputation)Veteran Member (922 reputation)Veteran Member (922 reputation)Veteran Member (922 reputation)Veteran Member (922 reputation)Veteran Member (922 reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
A little update - left and right now working - up and down done, but needs tweaking as its a little off.

The insert video link doesn't seem to be working at the moment for some reason, so, link is https://youtu.be/RHJUOlrOAuQ
Gerskey
Gerskey
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi forum,
my little tester of walking and head movements.
I find that this important to move more naturally. Thank you Reallusion.

Peace
Gerskey

Reading This Topic