Let us export 3d party morphs to game engines

Posted By bloodzseekerz 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
bloodzseekerz
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (585 reputation)Veteran Member (585 reputation)Veteran Member (585 reputation)Veteran Member (585 reputation)Veteran Member (585 reputation)Veteran Member (585 reputation)Veteran Member (585 reputation)Veteran Member (585 reputation)Veteran Member (585 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hi.

A lot of people that I know use CC3 and come from Daz. We have a lot of morphs in Daz and I know you are working on a solution to transfer these morphs into CC3, but I want to know, if we will be able to export those daz morphs sliders to unity / unreal once the character is in CC3?
ken_1171
ken_1171
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I am no expert, but I think I can answer your question. You can already import DAZ Genesis (all versions), V4/M4, and Hivewire3D figures morphs into CC3 using Transformer. But whether or not you can export them to Unity (or anywhere else) may be more a matter if copyright protection will legally allow you to do so. When you buy contents from online stores, each product has its own license agreement about what can and cannot be done with it. To avoid legal issues, it is always advisable to consult the individual vendors to know if they will allow you to use their contents in any game engine. 

For example, all of the figures supported by Transformer allow you to use them in game engines, but you have to check what is allowed when it comes to morphs, textures, props, and clothing created by 3rd party vendors. All contents created by Reallusion offer an "export" license, which allows exporting them to other programs. When you purchase the item, you can choose whether or not you want to pay extra for it.

In another example, I have exported several custom clothed characters to Unity, but I made the clothing, textures and body morphs myself. In other words, I OWN all the rights to these contents, and can do whatever I want with them. But if I use contents created by other people, I would have to ask them first. 

Hope this helps. Smile
bloodzseekerz
bloodzseekerz
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (585 reputation)Veteran Member (585 reputation)Veteran Member (585 reputation)Veteran Member (585 reputation)Veteran Member (585 reputation)Veteran Member (585 reputation)Veteran Member (585 reputation)Veteran Member (585 reputation)Veteran Member (585 reputation)

You can export the morphs from Daz but you cannot export them as morph sliders, unless you do it one by one. The second concern could be allowed if Reallusion update their ToS, also I see that Reallusion is partnering with Renderosity, so I don't think it will be a problem.

Until we can export Daz morphs to CC3 and then to Unity/Unreal, CC3 is useless for me and many other developers Daz will still be the way to go.
Polaraul
Polaraul
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (474 reputation)Senior Member (474 reputation)Senior Member (474 reputation)Senior Member (474 reputation)Senior Member (474 reputation)Senior Member (474 reputation)Senior Member (474 reputation)Senior Member (474 reputation)Senior Member (474 reputation)

CC3 has many shortcomings at the moment and doesn't feel anything like a complete solutions. I would really like to use CC3 and realise the investment in both time and money I have put into this program, but at the moment it is way more efficient to use DAZ. The inability to export body morphs and the fact that clothing items cannot be saved out on their own, just make DAZ so much faster to use.
bloodzseekerz
bloodzseekerz
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Yes, the rigs also dont have eyelid bones - important for eye movement, for example when the character is looking up, I want to change the rotation of the upper eyelid. Unfortunately using the blendshapes they offer us, it cannot go more up than it is in the "normal" state.

But yeah, that's something very small compared to the morph import and export and separately exporting clothes - without those two, its basically useless for most developers. I only used it for one NPC, who is a side character and doesnt need a lot of things.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
Thank you all for the feedback. However, if you want requests and suggestions to be considered please make sure you have you posted them in the Feedback Tracker? All suggestions reported on the Feedback Tracker will be considered. However, if you just post on the forum and don't use the Feedback Tracker then the requests may be missed.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
5 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
armetral_18
armetral_18
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Are the daz3d animation morphs every going to be able to exported.  Like facial animation morphs and Genetial morphs to 3dxchange. 
vidi
vidi
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
if you want separately cloth,  keep in mind yoou need a conforming cloth solution in yor target programm . like  copy skinweight .
Also for morph you need a flexible bones  solution that fits every  mesh changes .aka adjust rigging to shape 
You need this happend in your target programm . because such features are not exportable. 
That means you need programming self this function if you use unity or unreal

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

dogged2003
dogged2003
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Peter (RL) (1/31/2019)
Thank you all for the feedback. However, if you want requests and suggestions to be considered please make sure you have you posted them in the Feedback Tracker? All suggestions reported on the Feedback Tracker will be considered. However, if you just post on the forum and don't use the Feedback Tracker then the requests may be missed.

But why we don't see any answers about 'mirror' at the FeedBACK Tracker? Smile

My YouTube channel.
bloodzseekerz
bloodzseekerz
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

vidi (1/31/2019)
if you want separately cloth,  keep in mind yoou need a conforming cloth solution in yor target programm . like  copy skinweight .
Also for morph you need a flexible bones  solution that fits every  mesh changes .aka adjust rigging to shape 
You need this happend in your target programm . because such features are not exportable. 
That means you need programming self this function if you use unity or unreal

Rampa posted a solution in my other thread about export clothes separately.

Wait, are you telling me that morphs are not exportable? Then how do we export the morphs from daz to unity? They already stated that they are working on morphs export from daz to cc3, but are they going to let us export those daz morphs from cc3 to game engines? We can only guess.

Reading This Topic