Free Python Script for Creating a Custom Menu

Posted By jlittle 5 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 2 votes.
Author
jlittle
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 1 hour ago
While watching KT's Robby python scripting videos (great vids by the way KT) I noticed that he had a lot of scripts for just the Robby project.
This got me thinking that there should be an easy way to create a menu or menus that you could easily select a script to run from.
Mainly, if in the future, you had a multitude of scripts and wanted an easy way to access them something like this would be handy. Especially for those scripts that become your goto favorites.
Now, most python programmers would not have a problem with this but not everyone is a python programmer.
In fact, even though I am a programmer, this is only my second python program (not counting Hello World BigGrin).

So, I created a this custom menu script that i have attached here. Just unzip into the OpenPlugin directory, configure and have fun.
The script is heavily commented with a menu example included and explained.

It is currently setup to load when iClone is started but if you rename the main.py file you can manually load it as needed.
You can even copy the folder to different names and have multiple custom menus available for manual loading.
Or, just use sub-menus for different groupings of scripts.

Here is an image of the example it comes configured with:

If anyone has any issues or suggestions for improvements please post them here.

Enjoy!

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

Attachments
myCustomMenu_v100.zip (203 views, 5.00 KB)
SeanMac
SeanMac
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi jeff

Thanks for that - that's thinking ahead.
sonic7
sonic7
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Yes Jeff; great idea and very kind of you to offer this! ... Thankyou!  Smile

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

Reading This Topic