WIP Ari 3 Getting to Backwater

Posted By Peter Blood 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Peter Blood
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Hi guys: Smile

I know you probably think I've given up on Ari3 as I haven't posted any WIP in a while. Well, truth is, I'm a slow animator and
I also  brain-storm the scene construction without any prior planning so it can take me a while to build the sets etc. etc.
You might remember the INN set I put up on the forum a while back, well here it is in the first of several scenes it will have in the 
upcoming Ari adventures. The dialog is very close to the final but I'll make whatever changes I want before I send the completed
video script to the actors. After this, Ari goes on a free-run and has the confrontation with the Butcher.

These are daily rushes and haven't been tweaked to smooth movement, and etc. I'm not doing the musicians movement until I get the music.   
from my brother so they're not doing much atm. I'll do all that while I wait for voice acting to come in. I had 7 in the last flick but have far
exceeded that on this one. I've gotten a couple of requests from people wanting to participate so that will ease things somewhat.

Anyway... Let me know what you think, I appreciate your suggestions and consider them all seriously.

Cool pete

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d9f2ee62-c67b-4c8e-b3cf-4e36.png
http://www.youtube.com/user/peterblood50?feature=mhee
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Looking good so far.
I liked the flying window at 4:52 above her right shoulder! Hehe
The streets and inside the pub seemed a little antiseptic. Needs more grit, grime, and dirt.
Looking forward to more!

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

mark
mark
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Great to see that gal back in action!!!BigGrinBigGrin

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Peter Blood
Peter Blood
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Ha!! Thanks Jeff! I completely missed that.

I certainly appreciate your suggestion on dirtying up the scene. It's a good one and one that I'll consider seriously. 
My focus, as a one-man-band, is on a clean solid story that moves logically from the opening to the conclusion and it's
easy for me to miss things such as this. In my defense however, I feel that if something doesn't effect the story in any great degree, 
the time spent on it is probably better spent on animation. That certainly makes for a less aesthetically pleasing production, but only
marginally so and I've been willing to accept the loss for the greater good of the production.

Thanks again for the suggestion Jeff.

Mark:
Yeah, I just wish I could produce them faster, but it is what it is. Just wait to see what happens when I win the lottery and build
a studio of my own to do the hard work while all I have to do is muse on the story. Wink
Thanks man. 

Edit: I fixed the "flying window". I still can't believe I missed it. Tongue Thanks again Jeff. Smile

Cool pete

Edited
5 Years Ago by Peter Blood
charly Rama
charly Rama
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
really good work here, very promising, I like your lighting and details, motions, good, very good

Postfrosch
Postfrosch
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi Pete,
nice to see something from Ari again.
So I like her appearance (there are also "old friends" in it)
As far as the pub is concerned, something "dirtier" might be good (if I look at the visitor clientel) but not too much. The landlord looks very "robust" and keeps his shop clean.
So I like it.
As far as your "animation speed kit" is concerned. Believe me, I'm slower-ncoh-my 30-year war is just very slowly in the gears. Are zig scenes ready, whose storylines I should somehow link.

Greetings Werner

--------------------------------------------------------------
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cd9c9a06-21a5-44c5-9f67-6810.jpg
pinguintje
pinguintje
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)

Good work pete.!!!SmileSmileSmile
The scene, motions, characters and light are very nice. 
The climb up motion (wall and roof) is well done.
I  like Ari.Blush

Best Regards,
Ari(e)
Walt_R
Walt_R
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Peter,
I agree with Arie the animation of climbing up the wall and roof of the house was excellent. I bet that took some time to get right. Sets, scenes and lighting are all great. Love the depth and detail in the world you created. As far as the inside the pub, my suggestion would be some Depth of Field on cameras when Ari is talking to Clayton. Also when the soldiers are talking you have three characters but only one camera angle directed at the sergeant. Perhaps add one more camera angle to get different perspective during the conversation. Fantastic job, looking forward to more.BigGrin
Walt
3Aliens
3Aliens
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
This looks awesome! And i really feel you in here. The more you love it and look for the small Details the longer you need!

In my Clips i look for Backgroundsounds in first line look for example this one would fit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv3Nl-Od9YU
Edited
5 Years Ago by 3Aliens
Peter Blood
Peter Blood
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks for the feedback everybody. Some excellent suggestions and I am looking at them all as a way to improve the scene and setting.

Thanks Charlie. I try very hard to make the illusion that Shorn and, by extension, Aldeon is a tangible place.

Werner: You always see the little bits I put in my "old" friend. Smile I'm extremely glad you like the innkeeper. He is, by far, my favorite supporting 
character. I see the Inn as more of a middle-class establishment and, as such, must be at least moderately clean to attract customers. I'm trying
to build a 'base of operations' and a 'support team' for Ari and her story. I thought about having her go off alone on world spanning adventures right
away but, unlike Conan  for example, she has family and friends and her 'base' will be important when the story drags her into the farther reaches of Aldeon. 

Ari(e): Hehe I love it. Thank you for the comment on the movements. I'm getting better but they're still a bit clunky in places. I think I spend more mental energy
on movements than any other thing. They're the most frustrating part for sure.

Walt: Thank you man. Yeah the climbing sequence took me about 2 weeks to get it looking passable. I think I just barely made it work. Your suggestions for
the pub are very good. I think I will put some DOF on the close up of Clayton. I noticed while considering it that Claytons mustache needs to be adjusted.
It disappears when he talks sometimes. Tongue Also I like your suggestion to add a camera in the soldiers scene. My initial idea was to have it shot as if you were
seeing it from Aris' perspective but that did end up a bit boring. Thanks for the thoughts.

3Aliens: Thank you for your comment it is much appreciated. I looked at the background sounds clip and it's perfect for this scene. Thanks for that heads-up! It sure beats
me and my wife mumbling things into the microphone. Wink 

Cool pete 
Edited for clarity and bad grammar. Jeez didn't I learn anything in school? Tongue

Edited
5 Years Ago by Peter Blood

Reading This Topic