stretching out a clip to use Direct Puppet

Posted By johnwarndt52 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
johnwarndt52
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hell,
I am having a very hard time getting the hang of Direct Puppet, and thus far have only been able to use it to make small adjustments to animations that I initially set up with Edit Motion Layer. Then it dawned on me that I might slow down the animation by stretching it out on the timeline so I'd have more time to apply those changes in Direct Puppet, then squeeze it back down to the number of frames I initially intended it to be. But I found that as much as I fiddled with the little green speed arrows, it wouldn't expand much past 300% of its original length. That helped some and I was able to fine tune some motions somewhat, but it would help SO much to slow it down even more. Am I doing something wrong. or is there a hard limit on how much those little speed arrows will expand a clip? The little green brackets that define the frames to be animated aren't the issue. I had them way off to the right and left, and the total number of frames wasn't an issue, either, because that was set far beyond the area I was trying to expand.
Is there some other way to slow down or freeze the animation as you work with Direct Puppet?
animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
I think you could save the lengthened clip and than reapply it. If you do that a few times it would slow down considerably. After you made your changes you do the opposite: apply and shorten.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

dogged2003
dogged2003
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Try after stretching(compacting) it out:
Right click on clip:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/da1431f4-75be-4d57-9009-8036.jpg
And repeat stretching(compacting) it out.

My YouTube channel.

Reading This Topic