Profile Picture

How to reinstall iClone on the same computer?

Posted By dogged2003 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
dogged2003
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I have no tab for working with materials. I downloaded the latest version of iClone. When I try to install, I get the message:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9debff76-4db9-4eab-9176-aa80.jpg
Should I remove iClone, all plugins ...?

My YouTube channel.
wires
This post has been flagged as an answer
wires
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
If iClone 7.4 is installed on your PC, and you are trying to reinstall it then the only solution is to first uninstall and then reinstall. Since I haven't had to do this for quite some time I can't comment on the Plugins, but it is possible that the best - safest - method would to uninstall everything and do a clean install.

It is really a pity that in the 21st century RL can not code an installer that will repair, or even install over, an existing version. 

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Reading This Topic