Daz3D shop vs content store / market place

Posted By Daimonius 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Idea.png
Daimonius
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Greetings everyone!
I am very new to CC3 and the 3D software scene in general. (In this regards kinda feel like I lived under a rock for the past decade)
So after watching some Tutorials and learning about Daz3d (I'm so new to this) and how to import content from it, I was wondering how I should view these different asset-stores.

In regards of what I want to do for now: Just creating my character ideas and put them into cool looking renders Smile.
Feel free to skip any questions. I am happy for every answer, even for a single one.

Here are some questions which my noob-mind came up so far and please correct me if my questions indicates any wrong ideas:

1) Does Daz3D shop provides way more assets for character creation than reallusion's content store / market place, or am i misleaded?
I am most likely interested in medieval fantasy and cartoony assets and models and having a hard time find those in the reallusion's content store / market place.

2) Should I stick mostly to reallusion's content store / market place for the best compatibility with other CC3 assets and iClone 7 animation?
As mentioned before, the Daz3D shop looks way more enticing for me, but I don't want to mess up to much.

3) If I want to invest into the Daz3D shop: Should I wait for Genesis 9 (if there will be) or are the Genesis 8 Models outright worth the money?

4) Should I avoid buying older content, which released for CC2 and Genesis 2 & 3 respectively?
I'm not 100% sure if older assets work well with iClone 7 or can be imported from Daz3D to CC3 unproblematically.

5) Any bad experience with any purchases?

6) Personal tips which is worth the money, recardless from where?

This should do it for now. I am looking forward for some insights Smile
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
I won't try a number by number response, but here's my general advice:

Daz stuff for Gen 3/8 is generally either superior or equal to anything RL sells.  It *may* require some work to put physics on it, depending on the item, but that's easy and good practice for a lot of other things.  It also costs (as a rule) far less than anything RL offers.  I have used literally hundreds of Daz items, both clothing and hair, and experienced only a single problem or two.  Then again, I know what I'm doing.

If there is anything specific (any Daz item you are wondering about) just let me know -- odds are I have it and can check it out for you in CC3.

And I would STRONGLY advise you to become a Platinum Club member over at Daz.  Never buy anything that isn't at least 40% off (you will often get stuff far more discounted).  

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Daimonius
Daimonius
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Thank you very much Kelleytoons Smile
Your answer actually quite relieves me a bit and i will look into the Platinum Club.
So I have to look it that way, that i look out for discounts which interests me and build up a collection over time?
Often I find myself impulse buying (one of the reason i bought iClone 7 and CC3) , but with the right mindset I can contain myself Wink
Edited
5 Years Ago by Daimonius
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Daz store reminds me of clothing stores we used to have in Nevada (Mervins) and Florida (Bealls -- interesting how they are both "plurals"):  you NEVER bought anything that wasn't on sale, because by next week it would be.  Daz isn't *quite* as fast, but it's pretty fast -- they have sales every single week (sometimes two or three times a week) and if you're a Platinum member you can get stuff VERY cheaply at times (for just a buck or two).

I've built up an ENORMOUS collection of stuff -- as I said, if you want to know if something works, just ask me and the odds are I have it -- and while you might have to have a bit of patience it WILL go on sale eventually, no matter what it is (sometimes I admit I have not waited.  Sigh).  But join the PC so you can get the deals (they will give you free stuff as well, it really does pay for itself and sometimes they even have deals on becoming a PC member, so look for those as well).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic