Profile Picture

What Can I do?

Posted By kos1969 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
kos1969
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (87 reputation)New Member (87 reputation)New Member (87 reputation)New Member (87 reputation)New Member (87 reputation)New Member (87 reputation)New Member (87 reputation)New Member (87 reputation)New Member (87 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I pre-ordered iclone 7 pro back when the pre-order was available. It came with Character Creator 1.5 and the cost was $249 dollars. It has served me pretty well, the nightmare of importing your Daz Studio Assets just pretty much turned me off iclone after a while as it was much easier to use the new d-force products, or to simply make them or add the modifiers. I saw the add for CC 3 and it showed the easy Daz import and i instantly went to order it. I looked at the packages available, seeing if there was a new version of iclone available and that's when i noticed the price. With the free CC 3 in the bundle...for 219.00. So In order to get CC3, which is being given away with the exact bundle i paid 30 dollars more for, i have to either pay $199.00 to get the iray plugin (it seems worthless without it) or get the upgrade package that isn't an upgrade at all. Just seems like a slap to the face that we pre-ordered, didn't get the 2.0 upgrade and now, the features we wanted back then are available to anyone who buys now at a cheaper price for free. Can a Rep explain this to me?
The-any-Key
The-any-Key
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Planning and timing is often a factor.
I waited for black Friday
https://forum.reallusion.com/FindPost394191.aspx

But prizes go up and down over time. Old software become cheaper and new software cost less to develop. The only thing you can do to save money. Is to wait for iclone 19 and buy it then. Then you would have saved all the upgrades costs. But you lose the access to the software in meanwhile.

I also got a plan with the software I bought. And will hopefully earn those money back for the next RL software upgrade.

iClone 7, 3DXchange 7 Pipeline, CC3 Pipeline, CT8 Pipeline, Iray, Live Face, iPhone Xr, Win 10, i9 9900K ~5GHz, Nvidia RTX 2080 8GB, 16GB Ram, M.2 SSD
Edited
5 Years Ago by The-any-Key
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I understand your frustration and irritation, but it happens.

I had the opposite problem.  I was intrigued by one of their email offers for some "motions" that were on a huge sale, like 90% off.  I delayed slightly, but then went to order it.  I was shocked to discover that the sale price was only good for FIVE days (not even a whole week) and I missed the sale by 1 day.   Grrrr!

Sometimes you wait and get a better price.
Sometimes you wait and miss out.
Sometimes you buy in early and get the best early-bird price.
Sometimes you buy in early and miss the sales that come later.

The odds of getting the BEST-EVER PRICE on anything are very low.
I'm not being cold-hearted.  I've been in your situation, and it's not fun.
Hopefully you can enjoy using the software you bought, and move on.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Peter (RL)
This post has been flagged as an answer
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
kos1969 (1/10/2019)
I pre-ordered iclone 7 pro back when the pre-order was available. It came with Character Creator 1.5 and the cost was $249 dollars. It has served me pretty well, the nightmare of importing your Daz Studio Assets just pretty much turned me off iclone after a while as it was much easier to use the new d-force products, or to simply make them or add the modifiers. I saw the add for CC 3 and it showed the easy Daz import and i instantly went to order it. I looked at the packages available, seeing if there was a new version of iclone available and that's when i noticed the price. With the free CC 3 in the bundle...for 219.00. So In order to get CC3, which is being given away with the exact bundle i paid 30 dollars more for, i have to either pay $199.00 to get the iray plugin (it seems worthless without it) or get the upgrade package that isn't an upgrade at all. Just seems like a slap to the face that we pre-ordered, didn't get the 2.0 upgrade and now, the features we wanted back then are available to anyone who buys now at a cheaper price for free. Can a Rep explain this to me?

Hi...

I think you may be confusing the FREE Character Creator 3 for iClone with Character Creator 3 Pipeline.

If you already have iClone 7 then the upgrade from CC1.5 to CC2 and now to CC3 For iClone is FREE. You don't need to purchase iClone 7 again to get CC3 for iClone.

However, Character Creator 3 Pipeline is a standalone version which requires a separate purchase. You do not get Character Creator 3 Pipeline in the iClone 7 Bundle for $219. You only get Character Creator 3 for iClone 7 which you are entitled to anyway as a FREE upgrade.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

kos1969
kos1969
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (87 reputation)New Member (87 reputation)New Member (87 reputation)New Member (87 reputation)New Member (87 reputation)New Member (87 reputation)New Member (87 reputation)New Member (87 reputation)New Member (87 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Thanks for clarifying that, I'm still at CC 1.5, the update manager updates iClone and 3DX, but i never see an update listed for CC. ill reinstall. Thank you for the quick response. I appreciate it.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
The download link for "Character Creator 3 for iClone" should be available in your Member Account on the Registration page. It may be listed on its own, or if not try clicking the Download link for iClone 7 and see if the link is there. If you can't find it, please contact Customer Support and they will be able to give you the link.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic