Profile Picture

Adjusting armature in Blender and reimporting CC3 character - Big thumbs

Posted By elliespotter 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Adjusting armature in Blender and reimporting CC3 character - Big...

Author
elliespotter
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi guys,

Here's one that has got me confused.

I want to make some mythical fairy type characters for an animation and thought it would be easy enough to shrink a base CC3 character to 50cm height. However the morph editor doesn't seem to let me do that and keep everything in proportion.

So I exported a CC_Standard base to Blender as an FBX, adjusted the scale of everything there and reimported to CC3.

All good apart from the thumbs ... What happened with the thumbs?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/05c1396e-cf91-43c5-a899-ef73.png

It seems to me that this should be simple.

Has anyone come across this issue and solved it?

Kind regards,

Alex

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 10 minutes ago
There is a much more convenient method for proportional scaling of your character. Send the character to iClone and use the scale in the Modify panel. Then send them back to CC if you need more editing, or want to save the smaller template for later use in CC.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cc5eeb07-3f1f-485e-a9ae-d593.jpg
elliespotter
elliespotter
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Thanks Rampa,

The fact that the scale option is greyed out in iClone made me think that it wasn't an option. But it is just somewhere else.

Excellent. The resized character also seems to work exporting in and out Blender for for outfitting and texturing so I'll be able to make the team from the template.

Thanks again.

Kind regards,

Alex

Reading This Topic