Profile Picture

Can CC3 Export Body Morphs?

Posted By Polaraul 5 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Polaraul
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (474 reputation)Senior Member (474 reputation)Senior Member (474 reputation)Senior Member (474 reputation)Senior Member (474 reputation)Senior Member (474 reputation)Senior Member (474 reputation)Senior Member (474 reputation)Senior Member (474 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Although CC3 is much touted as a tool for games development, from what I can tell reading these forums is that only facial morphs are exported. Is there provision to export body morphs?
Dicev
Dicev
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (56 reputation)New Member (56 reputation)New Member (56 reputation)New Member (56 reputation)New Member (56 reputation)New Member (56 reputation)New Member (56 reputation)New Member (56 reputation)New Member (56 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I have no idea if this still works, but back in the day when I was experimenting exporting Daz characters to Unity, I used Blender shape keys to export expressions.
Basically, if all your characters have similar mesh, vertex count etc. you can make shape keys out of them in one single mesh ( I assume all exported CC3 characters have same vertex count ). Here's a link how to do it in Blender: https://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/34758/is-it-possible-to-create-duplicates-of-a-mesh-that-can-be-deformed-and-used-as

Those shape keys you can then export to Unity ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unFd5a9-Ga8 ).

I have no idea how well this works with LODs etc. but hopefully this is at least a starting point.

Regarding to that, anybody knows if there's an easy way to export face expressions from CC3 to Unity?
Ellessarr
Ellessarr
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Polaraul (1/8/2019)
Although CC3 is much touted as a tool for games development, from what I can tell reading these forums is that only facial morphs are exported. Is there provision to export body morphs?

that could be the golden feature for me for CC3, being able to export body morphs to unreal, could be really a dream.
mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
@Dicev

I don't know for Unity but may this can helps you :

@Ellessarr
I'm very newbie with UDK but I can export facial and Body morphs animated in Iclone using the fbx export :

Ellessarr
Ellessarr
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

mtakerkart (1/10/2019)
@Dicev

I don't know for Unity but may this can helps you :

@Ellessarr
I'm very newbie with UDK but I can export facial and Body morphs animated in Iclone using the fbx export :

that still a problem needing a "third party program" for exemple you can export any morph from daz to unreal without need another "program", what could be cool is be able to direct export from CC3 to unreal or unity or any other supported engine without need help from a "bridge program".
Polaraul
Polaraul
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (474 reputation)Senior Member (474 reputation)Senior Member (474 reputation)Senior Member (474 reputation)Senior Member (474 reputation)Senior Member (474 reputation)Senior Member (474 reputation)Senior Member (474 reputation)Senior Member (474 reputation)

Thank you for all the suggestions, when I can I will try these solutions.
Polaraul
Polaraul
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

After having tried various suggestions I have come to the conclusion that no Reallusion product can export body morphs. I suspect the reason may be the line from the AP EULA that reads "You may not do the following applications unless getting explicit permission from Reallusion: Use the characters or their morph assets to build up another character generation system in games or interactive services"

Further threads referencing this issue:

https://forum.reallusion.com/327880/Exporting-body-morphs-as-blend-shapes-in-unity 

The solution presented by Dicev would work, but requires a lot of extra work and round tripping. At this stage, and given other issues I have encountered with CC3, it is actually quicker to use DAZ3D! It would be great if someone from Reallusion could please comment on this issue.
Ellessarr
Ellessarr
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Polaraul (1/15/2019)
After having tried various suggestions I have come to the conclusion that no Reallusion product can export body morphs. I suspect the reason may be the line from the AP EULA that reads "You may not do the following applications unless getting explicit permission from Reallusion: Use the characters or their morph assets to build up another character generation system in games or interactive services"

https://forum.reallusion.com/327880/Exporting-body-morphs-as-blend-shapes-in-unity 

The solution presented by Dicev would work, but requires a lot of extra work and round tripping. At this stage, and given other issues I have encountered with CC3, it is actually quicker to use DAZ3D! It would be great if someone from Reallusion could please comment on this issue.

i'm start to feeling in the same way, and somehow start to regret have bought CC3, don't get me wrong the others features cc3 have are really, really amazing and reduce a lot of work but the lack of "morph exportation" make it fall a lot behind daz3d studio and the more i look into daz studio the more it make me want give up in cc and switch to full daz instead of have all the trouble of exporting characters and assets from daz to CC since one of the most awesome features is missing on CC which is the power to export morphs, without any doubts if it is added to CC3 it could turn CC3 in the most powerfull and usefull tool for full automated character creator in market, cuz it really does have some awesome tools and good support but really the lack of morph export is something really bothering a lot, i'm really want to use CC3 on my project game but really the fact which it is missing that feature is making hard to stick on it since my game project was supposed to have full character customization and i can only achieve this in a fast and easy way is swiching to daz studio and give up in CC which i really don't want.

Could be really good to have a staff making some talk about it.
bloodzseekerz
bloodzseekerz
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (585 reputation)Veteran Member (585 reputation)Veteran Member (585 reputation)Veteran Member (585 reputation)Veteran Member (585 reputation)Veteran Member (585 reputation)Veteran Member (585 reputation)Veteran Member (585 reputation)Veteran Member (585 reputation)

Ellessarr (1/16/2019)
Polaraul (1/15/2019)

i'm start to feeling in the same way, and somehow start to regret have bought CC3, don't get me wrong the others features cc3 have are really, really amazing and reduce a lot of work but the lack of "morph exportation" make it fall a lot behind daz3d studio and the more i look into daz studio the more it make me want give up in cc and switch to full daz instead of have all the trouble of exporting characters and assets from daz to CC since one of the most awesome features is missing on CC which is the power to export morphs, without any doubts if it is added to CC3 it could turn CC3 in the most powerfull and usefull tool for full automated character creator in market, cuz it really does have some awesome tools and good support but really the lack of morph export is something really bothering a lot, i'm really want to use CC3 on my project game but really the fact which it is missing that feature is making hard to stick on it since my game project was supposed to have full character customization and i can only achieve this in a fast and easy way is swiching to daz studio and give up in CC which i really don't want.

Could be really good to have a staff making some talk about it.

I am on the same boat and I think we should request this feature, because it's one of the most important thing for our game and as I can see for other people's games as well. I want to be able to export the morph sliders to Unity and control the facial expressions and other things there. The reason I bought CC3 is to optimize my Daz characters, but still keep all of the morphs from Daz and now learning that I can't do that is very disappointing and I won't be able to use CC3 for my project until that features is added.

Ellessarr
Ellessarr
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

ok, i have added on the feedback section as moderator peter told, here:
https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/Exporting-morphs-to-game-engines-like-unreal-or-unity
if you like the idea vote on that(the more votes you get the bigger is chance of then look at it)

and also have the discussion in the proper section in case needed:
https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic400155.aspx?Update=1

i'm really hope they can give a look into it, cuz this could be really the best and big feature they could bring to CC and make it easy surprass daz3d in need of use.

Reading This Topic