Profile Picture

MorphComponent. How to get it work?

Posted By CSTI 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
CSTI
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (367 reputation)Senior Member (367 reputation)Senior Member (367 reputation)Senior Member (367 reputation)Senior Member (367 reputation)Senior Member (367 reputation)Senior Member (367 reputation)Senior Member (367 reputation)Senior Member (367 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
http://manual.reallusion.com/iClone/script/python/class_r_l_py_1_1_r_i_morph_component.html

I'm trying a sample code from link above, but it seems I just can't get it work. 
I tested just first 3 lines, and it's the 4th line below that keeps giving me an error, <class 'TypeError'>.

import RLPy
avatar_list = RLPy.RScene.GetAvatars()
morph_component = avatar_list[0].GetMorphComponent()
result = morph_component.AddKey( "your_mesh_name", "your_morph_name", RLPy.RTime(67),  0.5 )

I changed only two strings, "your_mesh_name", "your_morph_name". 
For "your_mesh_name" I tried my head mesh name, "Face_smooth". And I think there's no problem with this because I could get that mesh string from avatar.GetMeshNames().
And Instead of "your_morph_name", I tried my blendshape name, Face Key slider name("Eyes Blink", "EyesBlink", "Eyes_Blink"...), and "Morph_1"... but to no avail. Still happens a type error.
Where did I get it wrong? Hope to get some answer or codes that works.

The-any-Key
The-any-Key
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
You missed the two last arguments. Try:

result = morph_component.AddKey( "your_mesh_name", "your_morph_name", RLPy.RTime(67),  0.5 , False, False)

iClone 7, 3DXchange 7 Pipeline, CC3 Pipeline, CT8 Pipeline, Iray, Live Face, iPhone Xr, Win 10, i9 9900K ~5GHz, Nvidia RTX 2080 8GB, 16GB Ram, M.2 SSD
CSTI
CSTI
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (367 reputation)Senior Member (367 reputation)Senior Member (367 reputation)Senior Member (367 reputation)Senior Member (367 reputation)Senior Member (367 reputation)Senior Member (367 reputation)Senior Member (367 reputation)Senior Member (367 reputation)

Thanks for the answer, but it still doesn't work...
I printed result.IsError() and it says True in the Console Log with and without False arguments.

I'm by all means no developer and having a hard time to figure this out.
Has anyone tried MorphComponent class yet? I really need this to work because it takes too much effort cleaning mocap-ed facial expression...
AllenLee (RL)
AllenLee (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (343 reputation)Senior Member (343 reputation)Senior Member (343 reputation)Senior Member (343 reputation)Senior Member (343 reputation)Senior Member (343 reputation)Senior Member (343 reputation)Senior Member (343 reputation)Senior Member (343 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
CSTI (1/7/2019)
Thanks for the answer, but it still doesn't work...
I printed result.IsError() and it says True in the Console Log with and without False arguments.

I'm by all means no developer and having a hard time to figure this out.
Has anyone tried MorphComponent class yet? I really need this to work because it takes too much effort cleaning mocap-ed facial expression...

Sorry, MorphCompoment can only modify the morph inside the morph animator.
The modification of facial expression will be provided in the future.
CSTI
CSTI
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Oh, okay. Then I think I have to be patient a bit longer and keep cleaning expression clip manually. I hope to see detailed API for morph in the near future. 
Thank you for your reply.

Reading This Topic