Cannot Convert to Non Standard - Rokoko Data

Posted By jackandjillfleek 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Problem.png
jackandjillfleek
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (406 reputation)Senior Member (406 reputation)Senior Member (406 reputation)Senior Member (406 reputation)Senior Member (406 reputation)Senior Member (406 reputation)Senior Member (406 reputation)Senior Member (406 reputation)Senior Member (406 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
We recently updated to 3dXchange pipeline to take the export from Rokoko and convert it to FBX for iClone. When a motion file is uploaded to 3dXchange, a stick figure with an extra leg shows up, I have no way to "Convert to Non-Standard Human." I do not have the capability to get this motion as an fbx file. I attached a file of the figure that shows up, along with the "convert" buttons grayed out/unclickable. We are eagerly looking forward to using Rokoko data for our iClone characters. Could you please help us with instructions to get Rokoko data through 3dxchange pipeline for iClone? Thank you for the help!https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e71a6b17-9485-458c-ba30-4a07.png
mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
I think you have to map your fbx skeleton to the Iclone skeleton and then the convert button will be avalaible.
Have a look at this old tutorial. It starts at 1:37 .   Hope this helps.

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 40 minutes ago
Thee Rokoko suit files may use the standard Maya/HumanIK skeleton. So you can load it from the preset drop-down menu right above the bone pictogram. It will configure the bone setup for you when you choose it. If it does not use the Maya/HumanIK preset, then try the others as well.

Otherwise you will need to set up the bones manually like in the video.
Edited
5 Years Ago by Rampa
jackandjillfleek
This post has been flagged as an answer
jackandjillfleek
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (406 reputation)Senior Member (406 reputation)Senior Member (406 reputation)Senior Member (406 reputation)Senior Member (406 reputation)Senior Member (406 reputation)Senior Member (406 reputation)Senior Member (406 reputation)Senior Member (406 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Thank you everyone who replied and helped out! In case anyone in the future comes across this post, here is the solution that worked for me, hope it works for you too:

1. In the Rokoko Studio, export the file as a .BVH not an .FBX
2. Import/Click and Drag the .BVH file into 3dxchange (must be the pipeline 3dxchange version)
3. Press "Convert To Non-Standard" on right panel 
4. In the "Presets:" select "Maya Human-IK" If the button in top left hand corner of the Box goes from Red to Green, you're good. You may need to do a little bone mapping which is very easy and not scary, here is the tutorial Reallusion sent me if you need help with that, in this video skip the Facial Bone Mapping part. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmTj6CS9c1c
5. Once #4 is done, select "Active" for the Tpose
6. Press Convert
7. In the top tool bar to the left, there are IC, FBX, BVH, OBJ quick export options, select the "iC" export, then select "OK" 
8. In iClone (I'm currently using iClone 7) Go to your Motion Content, go to your "Custom" content and select the "Motion" drop down, that is where mine were being saved

Hope this helps anyone, thank you Reallusion and everyone who replied to help us make this happen! Good luck!

Reading This Topic