There and Back Again, an iClone7-DAZ Tale

Posted By OlanderDA 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
OlanderDA
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
First Off...let us get a couple things out there.
1) I Love iClone7
2) 3DXChange7 needs some Love...but is a really nifty tool
3) I still am not on board with CC3 (and CC2)
4) I Love iClone7 and its plugin Curve Editor

So first off...my company took a beating on the FBX import then export to a Real Time Rendering Engine (UE4 and Unity) from the 3DXChange7 adjusting the upper torso and shoulder area bone transforms.
Read about it here:
https://forum.reallusion.com/394058/iClone7-and-3DXChange7-I-have-Had-Enough-and-WhyGame-Development-Related-Pipeline

I/We were ready to give up but we kept at it...had to be way. Thanks to => @AutoDidact <=  for his BVH workflow methods which got me thinking if I could use what he does in our workflow.
We kept at it one step at a time to get a method that actually works.
Well I can comfortably confirm success on a massive scale. So much so I am sharing this with the iClone7/Reallusion community.

There are a lot of steps and gotchas in this process but in the attached MSWord 2016+ DOCX files I have gone through each sequence Step by Step and tested this on more than 50 animations at this point. Once the sequence is practiced it takes about 2-10 minutes to get an animation into iClone7 cleaned up then exported to DAZ with perfect skeleton mapping. Then about 2 minutes to get the animation out of DAZ Studio 4.10 and into the Real Time Rendering Engine of choice (UE4 and Unity provided). 

I published on my website: http://standsurestudio.com/gamedevmain
Down Below at the DAZ, iClone7, and Mixamo buttons
There is far too much to be posted in these forums and the posting will disappear into the posting abyss soon enough. So the link above is solid. With OneNote you can copy the contents by highlighting the page and dragging it into OneNote (helping to have a 2nd display).

Note:
Looks like MSWord DOCX files are not allowed here and the PDFs just don't turn out right. So you will need to follow the web pages linked above.

Edited
6 Years Ago by OlanderDA
AutoDidact
AutoDidact
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Last Active: 44 minutes ago
Hi...  Thanks for the acknowledgment sir!!
I am always happy to see others get a viable external rendering pipeline
established.
I have some heavy compositing work ,in After effects, to 
get sorted this morning however
I will have a look at those Docs on your site later today
( I am sure I will learn something  new & useful )

RAG DOLL COLLISION ANIMATIONS FOR ICLONE 8 & 7
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ghost Origins
My latest Feature length film created with Iclone.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/adf9b210-df59-4cb6-aa1b-9de5.jpg

OlanderDA
OlanderDA
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
You are welcome. Thanks to you explaining your workflow with the BVH method (both here and the DAZ forum)...it is a great tip. Different workflows but the bridge is now the same.
Thanks again.
Cheers
O

Reading This Topic