Profile Picture

Can I rename an object in the timeline?

Posted By carl.gustaf.sahlberg 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
carl.gustaf.sahlberg
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (121 reputation)Junior Member (121 reputation)Junior Member (121 reputation)Junior Member (121 reputation)Junior Member (121 reputation)Junior Member (121 reputation)Junior Member (121 reputation)Junior Member (121 reputation)Junior Member (121 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hello!
When I import a custom character that I made, it will get a name like FileName00 and the next one FileName01 etc.
Meaning:
I have made several characters, which are similar, but maybe have different hair or hats, and I have saved them with different names in the Actors Custom group (say Charlie, Bob, Fred). But when I put them on Stage, they will get a name of the original file, and the next one same name with a running number. When animating it's sometimes difficult to see which object I working on. Can I somehow get the naming right in the timeline?
reg.
Calle
garylearntech
garylearntech
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi Calle  If you haven't already discovered it for yourself, simply go to the Scene Manager: double-click the item you want to rename and the new name will show up in the Timeline.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/01844f63-c6b3-4182-a13b-2791.png   https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d624bbeb-248d-4829-8860-7afe.png

(Edited Jan 1 to sort missing screenshot problem.)

---
Cartoon Animator 4 Pipeline (always the current production version, unless otherwise stated)
Mac mini M1, macOS Big Sur (11.6.5)
Signature data last updated 2022-05-15

Edited
5 Years Ago by garylearntech

Reading This Topic