Profile Picture

Monty Python or Robot Chicken style mouths

Posted By captaindash 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
captaindash
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (155 reputation)Junior Member (155 reputation)Junior Member (155 reputation)Junior Member (155 reputation)Junior Member (155 reputation)Junior Member (155 reputation)Junior Member (155 reputation)Junior Member (155 reputation)Junior Member (155 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hi folks!  (I posted this same question on the CrazyTalk forum as well because I'm not sure which program would be best for what I wanna do)

I want to start off with a simple 2D head (from photos I take of different toys or even selfies etc) with either different mouth shapes to show talking (think: Robot Chicken) or maybe Monty Python style.  I want the talking (mouth animation) to happen via auto audio sync.  I don't need a complex, photorealistic 3D head that can turn or anything.  

I've been looking at tutorial after tutorial for CrazyTalk and CrazyTalk Animator and I can't find anything about how to do what I'm looking for so thus far I don't even know which program to use.  I'd like just a talking head for now, but eventually maybe slight animation like making an arm come up in a *palmface* sort of way.  Nothing fancy in the least.  I want the look to be really budget.   Everywhere I look is people either using the built-in characters, or creating crazy 3D stuff that's way beyond my needs, often using fancy plugins and making crazy multi-character sprites and bones etc for full animation.  I don't need anything complex.

If someone can point me in the right direction and save me days and days and days of frustration I'd be eternally grateful.
Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
you can apply any of the prebuilt mouths to any character. or make the sprites yourself in flash or photoshop. You can also just make a morph head and don't have to do the sprites at all. This is basically how we did the Batman Missions characters.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ad51c90b-00a8-459d-8ca4-2136.gif
Ibis Fernandez   |   (available for hire)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
Author of Flash Animation and Cartooning: A Creative Guide
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.

Reading This Topic