Issue 1: Issue in adding the accessories

Posted By hi_022884 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
hi_022884
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
PFA: link of the screen recording (Issue1)

Here in crazy talk animator 3, I want to add a hat to the character but neither it is placed automatically to the respected place i.e head, nor I could place it perfectly. It is appearing on the backside of the character and I couldn't bring it front. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tx93a6z0j15agzm/Issue%201.mp4?dl=0
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
There are two ways to add a prop to a character.

METHOD 1:
Take the character to Composer Mode and add the prop. Select the prop (i.e. Hat) and click the "Attach" button and then click on the body part to attach the prop to (i.e. Hair).
If the layering is not correct then select the prop and use the "Send to Front", "Send to Back", etc. button to adjust it.
The Prop is now attached to the hair and will move as the hair moves.
NOTE: When adding a prop to a character in Composer Mode that prop will only be adjustable within the layers of the characters, not the layers of a scene. Keep in mind that a character object contains the various layers of the characters body parts and props. A character object may be moved about in a scene but the layers within the character object can not. Only by using the Layer editor can you change the ordering of the object within a character object.

METHOD 2:
With a character on the Stage, add a Prop (i.e. hat). Select the Prop then click on the "Link" option then click on the characters body part to link the prop too (i.e. hair). Adjust size and position of the prop.
The Prop is now attached to the hair and will move as the hair moves.

WHY USE ONE METHOD OR THE OTHER?
Using Method 1 makes the prop part of the character object while using Method 2 has the character and prop as two separate objects.
Method 1 allows the prop to appear between various body parts (i.e. a ball between the hands) while with Method 2 the Prop can only be in front of or behind the character and not between the layers of the character as in Method 1.
In Method 1 the prop can not be un-attached and left behind where in Method 2 it can.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

hi_022884
hi_022884
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hii,
Just see here (https://www.dropbox.com/s/21j4q1slw4hb0ku/Glasses.mp4?dl=0), I applied both the methods but got no success. Although method 1 worked a bit. Would you please help me as I want to add the glasses to the character in a side pose facing right.
As you can see the glasses could not be flipped. And on stage mode, I couldn't see the fine movement of the character along with glasses. Please help me to sort out the issue.
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Keep in mind that the glasses Will Not rotate with the character since they are a single angle prop.
You can only flip from left to right or right to left.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

Reading This Topic