A hair creation and styling add on....

Posted By martok2112 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
martok2112
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
Something similar to "Look At My Hair" which is an add on for Daz3D that apparently allows you to create and style hair templates for (at least, what I've seen) older generation Daz3D characters.  But in this case, for Character Creator 3 characters.

(I hope I was correct in surmising what LAMH was.)

"Incompetence will always prevail so long as evil men stand by and do nothing."
-Martok2112

martok2112
martok2112
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)

--bump--
Wow!  Nobody wants a hair-creation tool for Character Creator 3?

-Martok2112

vidi
vidi
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Have you try make Hair with this ? Hehe
btw in the new DAZ Update is a Hairtool included for free  It is the formerly Garibaldi tool 
https://www.garibaldiexpress.com/

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

sjonesdc
sjonesdc
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
martok2112 (6/12/2019)
--bump--
Wow!  Nobody wants a hair-creation tool for Character Creator 3?

It's not that "Nobody wants a hair-creation tool for CC3, it maybe that it's not important to some because:
1. They may not have seen the initial post - I just saw this today
 2. With all of the updates to iClone, they can find and convert hair content from DAZ/Poser or wherever.

I can only speak for me - I would definitely purchase this add on, because I really don't have the time and/or patience to learn other programs, no matter how many video tutorials there are, I'm trying to keep up/catch up with iClone's updated functionalities and add-ons Crazy  

sjonesdc Hehe

STILL LEARNING!!!

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
As someone who knows a LOT about this (my NDAs are still in effect in places) let me just say -- you don't want this.

For one thing, ALL of these hair plugins are designed around fibermesh type hair (they may or may not actually BE fibermesh as defined by Daz, but the idea is the same).  These don't animate well unless you are using a hair shader type of which iClone doesn't have (and thus you couldn't use them at all) OR you'd have to export the individual fibers (which is hugely computational intensive as well as looks crappy.  IMHO).

The only/best hair for iClone is polygonal hair, and this is exceedingly hard to create.  Worse, it's almost impossible to design a tool to do it.  Blender has one such add-on and it's the closest I've found and although I've used it successfully frankly it's such a PITA and time consuming to do this it's just easier to use what someone else has done (as said above) -- there is plenty of Daz hair out there to satisfy even the most demanding.

Making such a plugin for CC3 would be both a waste of the devs time as well as someone no one would ever use, so it won't happen.  Ever.  You can take that to the bank.

(Now, if iClone could ever use a hair shader, some of which are even native to the nVidia cards...  that would be a game changer).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 10 hours ago
Actually, a hair-creation tool has been a long-standing wish (at that time for iClone), and somebody even announced one, but it didn't get much further than that. Kelley's comments may explain why.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi Martok

Please do remember to post all requests in the Feedback Tracker. The tracker is monitored directly by the relevant departmental teams and you may get feedback from the team there. In addition, it allows other users to support your request with the most requested suggestions getting priority.

To use the Feedback Tracker, please click the link below.

Thank you.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
You can use Vroid to make hair that you can then import into CC3 as an accessory.
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fvroid.pixiv.net%2Fdownload.html
BlueyCreative
BlueyCreative
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Yep and it works perfectly. Just apply some weight mapping and away you go!

Bluey Creative in the Marketplace

martok2112
martok2112
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

BOOM!  LOL!  Thanks everyone for the replies, and the insights.
Kelley, I think you're on point there.  Glad I didn't drop the dough for the current hair creation tool in Daz.

JaffaDave and Rampa, I did get VRoid, and it looks like a great tool.   I've been monkeying around with the hair creator in that.   It's a bit of a PITA for conversion...you have to export in a format that's really weird, then convert it in Microsoft 3DBuilder, then import it....still, I'll keep plugging away at that...no pun intended. LOL!

Vidi, I'm looking for that hair tool you referred to in Daz, but I'm still barely learning Daz...ha ha ha!  I'll keep searching.  Thanks for the headsup! Smile

I have succeeded in making my first polygonal hair (a rough go, but still, any port in a storm) in Blender, and brought it into Character Creator 3.  Not a bad first go if I do say so myself. I'll try to post pics later.

All told, Character Creator 3 is an awesome tool if you have the Pipeline version.  I LOVE that I can make my own clothes in Blender, and import them directly into CC3.  Now, I've just gotta figure out a few other things....so, off to work I go. :-)

-Martok2112

Reading This Topic