Profile Picture

How to Choose what article of clothing you're importing (Clothes vs Accessories)

Posted By StudioZ3D 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

How to Choose what article of clothing you're importing (Clothes vs...

Author
StudioZ3D
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (265 reputation)Senior Member (265 reputation)Senior Member (265 reputation)Senior Member (265 reputation)Senior Member (265 reputation)Senior Member (265 reputation)Senior Member (265 reputation)Senior Member (265 reputation)Senior Member (265 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
I've imported a shirt for my character, however CC3 is assigning it as an Accessory, which apparently has different attributes than clothing. I can't transfer weights or conform... How can I tell CC3 that this is a Shirt? I swear I've looked everywhere...
Peter (RL)
This post has been flagged as an answer
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 16 minutes ago
When you use the Create > Cloth, Hair, Acc... option from the Menu Bar, your clothing will initially be an accessory, but will become cloth when you select "Transfer Skin Weights".

So the first question is do you have Character Creator 3 Pipeline? This is required to convert clothing.

If you do, then the Transfer Skin Weights option should be available from the Modify Panel > Attribute panel.

I would advise watching the tutorial below which will take you through the process step by step. If you then still have problems, please let us know at which point in the tutorial you encounter problems, and try to include a screenshot showing the issue so we can what is happening. Thanks.

Character Creator 3 Tutorial - Creating Clothing from OBJ Files

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

StudioZ3D
StudioZ3D
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (265 reputation)Senior Member (265 reputation)Senior Member (265 reputation)Senior Member (265 reputation)Senior Member (265 reputation)Senior Member (265 reputation)Senior Member (265 reputation)Senior Member (265 reputation)Senior Member (265 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Thanks for the response! Turns out my "transfer skin weights" window pane ended up on my third monitor, which isn't actually visible because it goes to a capture card for streaming! Once I had that window back in the main monitor all was well!

Reading This Topic