Posted By Peter (RL) 6 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.

Iray Render Plug-in for iClone - Delivery Date Notification

Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Iray Render Plug-in for iClone - Delivery Date Notification

Dear User,

Thank you for purchasing the Iray Render Plugin for iClone and Character Creator.  Since its launch in September of this year, it has helped many of you achieve high quality renders with a high degree of stability expected from a production-ready software. 

However, we’re not resting on our laurels just yet!  Our team has been hard at work developing the latest version for the Iray Render Plugin compatible with iClone!  We have put the Nvidia Iray Render Engine through the wringer with a barrage of tests to achieve a sweet spot for photorealistic animated rendering with iClone.

Expect to see the following major enhancements for Iray in iClone:
  • Render animations by exporting image sequences.
  • Interactive Mode for fast preview of the final render image.
  • Suite of new tools for conserving video memory:
  • Fine-grain texture compression settings.
  • Texture max size for auto-conversion.
  • Minimal Mode (iClone) for workflow related performance gains.
  • Increased background rendering speeds with:
  • More efficient MI scene formats.
  • Update culling with the new Animation Object List.
  • Support for IES (Illuminating Engineering Society) light formats.
  • Render support for Height Map Terrain and SpeedTree.

Due to the comprehensiveness of the aforementioned feature implementations and enhancements, we’ve decided that it’s best to postpone the release of Iray for iClone for the first quarter of 2019, instead of this month of December.  We are regretful for any inconvenience that may come of this delay.  However, we insist on polishing this new software in order to deliver the best possible product to you later, rather than releasing a mediocre product on-time.

Once again, we thank all of you for your understanding and support, and we look forward to launching the much-anticipated Iray Render Plugin for iClone!

With enthusiasm,
The Reallusion Team

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

raxel_67
raxel_67
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
"

Due to the comprehensiveness of the aforementioned feature implementations and enhancements, we’ve decided that it’s best to postpone the release of Iray for iClone for the first quarter of 2019, instead of this month of December.  We are regretful for any inconvenience that may come of this delay.  However, we insist on polishing this new software in order to deliver the best possible product to you later, rather than releasing a mediocre product on-time."

I want to congratulate rl on this decision and for integrating height terrains and speedtrees.

Just one question will water be supported?
Tony (RL)
Tony (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
raxel_67 (12/19/2018)
"

Due to the comprehensiveness of the aforementioned feature implementations and enhancements, we’ve decided that it’s best to postpone the release of Iray for iClone for the first quarter of 2019, instead of this month of December.  We are regretful for any inconvenience that may come of this delay.  However, we insist on polishing this new software in order to deliver the best possible product to you later, rather than releasing a mediocre product on-time."

I want to congratulate rl on this decision and for integrating height terrains and speedtrees.

Hi raxel_67,

This version can render most of the objects in iClone, except for water and particle effect.

Tony
Product Marketing Manager 

www.reallusion.com
rogyru
rogyru
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Thanks for the update , sounds like its going to be a great addition to Iclone
rightdecis
rightdecis
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
So will we be able to render videos or just image sequences with Iray?

I make my dreams into movies.

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
rightdecis (12/21/2018)
So will we be able to render videos or just image sequences with Iray?

Both, just like we could with the Indigo plug-in.
Reallusion showcased that (briefly) a several months ago.

When it comes to rendering an animation sequence with something like Iray, patience is a virtue.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

charly Rama
charly Rama
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago

I think that may be  there's a way to render water with Iray. I'm waiting for the release to try it. I say I'll try, I'm not sure

Edited
6 Years Ago by charly Rama
animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
charly Rama (12/21/2018)

I think that may be  there's a way to render water with Iray. I'm waiting for the release to try it. I say I'll try, I'm not sure

You can create water using a plane with a video texture. I have done that, because it allows you to use displacement and make it three-dimensional. We have to wait fro the iClone renderer to check out if that works.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

charly Rama
charly Rama
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
Exactly, that is the way, create water with softcloth too and using video texture

Reading This Topic