Profile Picture

[ iClone 7.4 NEW RELEASE ] Python Open API is Available!

Posted By Tony (RL) 6 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 2 votes.

[ iClone 7.4 NEW RELEASE ] Python Open API is Available!

Author
Tony (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Dear iCloners,

We are excited to announce that iClone 7.4 is available now. The major improvement of this version is Python Open API, which has been expected by many developers since iClone 7.0 was released.

*Important Notice: Please update Curve Editor Plugin to version 1.11 to prevent crashes due to incompatibility with iClone 7.4. More >

Through iClone’s Python Open API, developers can build various plugins to expand iClone's functions. These plugins can be designed to satisfy different purposes and needs, such as increasing productivity or using more creative ways to make animations. Moreover, with the upcoming Reallusion Plugin Marketplace, iClone developers can upload, share, and even sell created plugins to a global community.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ff29d089-02c6-471d-ac0d-7fdc.jpg

By helping developers to create plugins for iClone, Reallusion creates a long-term program: iClone Open, providing essential resources and support. For example, the developers can read Developer Guides to learn the skills of building a plug-in step by step, download free sample codes from GitHub, and visit the Plugin Developer Forum to exchange the newest ideas and information with other iClone plugin developers. To know more about iClone Open, please visit its Website.

The Roadmap of iClone Open
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/65bfa1a2-96a3-41fd-97f0-034a.jpg

We hope Python Open API for iClone can become a Scripting Tool for Artists, and you’re more than welcome to join the iClone Open program. Please feel free to let us know if you have any suggestions or feedback in the Plugin Developer Forum. The Reallusion Python Team is very willing to adjust current APIs or add new APIs over time based on developers’ opinions.

Thank you!

In addition to adding Python Open API, the team fixed several bugs in iClone 7.4 based on users’ feedback from previous iClone versions.

General

Fixed: Performing Send Character to iClone while iClone is closed had the tendency of opening the iClone application but not sending the character over.

Fixed: iClone crashes when importing characters with camera(s) attached.

Fixed: Fail to apply .iAtm after the application of an .iScene.

Fixed: Crash resulting from deleting the eyes or teeth and saving the head while Quick Thumbnail Generation is disabled.

Fixed: .iMaterialPlus format now comes with a Data icon thumbnail.

Fixed: Applying motion to a character while one has not been picked disabled the toolbar Move and Rotate buttons.

Fixed: Importing iC7.3 rlMotion into iC7.22 prompted an error message: "Cannot replace motion: Invalid file or avatar not compatible." 

Timeline

Fixed: Pressing Set End Frame while using large or small font sizes has a tendency of shifting the end frame away from the position of the playhead. [FT5198]

iClone 7.3 - The playhead's position doesn't match the mark-in and mark-out points.

iClone 7.4 - The playhead's position exactly matches the mark-in and mark-out points.

Path

Fixed: Deleting all the points of a path under the Path > Edit Path mode had a tendency to crash iClone.

Fixed: Immediately canceling the creation of a path after it has been made prompted an error message: "Failed to record under/redo step.  Under manager will restart."

Fixed: Imperfections in the Follow Terrain feature. [FT3710]

iClone 7.3 - An object would blindly follow the path while ignoring confirmation to the terrain.

iClone 7.4 - Correct object conformation to terrain via following the path.

Fixed: "Fail to Record Undo" message appears when right-clicking after Create Path was performed.

Tony
Product Marketing Manager 

www.reallusion.com
Edited
5 Years Ago by Tony (RL)
Data Juggler
Data Juggler
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 hours ago
I don't know if this is the correct place to mention this, but reading the Developer's guide, this sentence seems like it might be a machine translation from another language?

1. Console Log - dialogue to print all the informations come from Python.
That should be something like: dialogue to print information coming from python.

Back to the guide.

Thanks for this update; this renews my interest in IClone. I had put off for a while due to animation is very time consuming and expensive.

[Edit] After looking at my first Python scripts and not having any clue how to do this, I am less excited. 

Please build a C# plug in, else this isn't for me.

Creator of the free website:
PixelDatabase.Net
A Free Online Text Based Image Editor
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6e6663e2-0ecf-447a-ab3d-d49d.png

Edited
6 Years Ago by Data Juggler
sonic7
sonic7
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year

Just *savour* these words:

" .... Through iClone’s Python Open API, developers can build various plugins to expand iClone's functions. These plugins can be designed to satisfy different purposes and needs, such as increasing productivity or using more creative ways to make animations. Moreover, with the upcoming Reallusion Plugin Marketplace, iClone developers can upload, share, and even sell created plugins to a global community .... "

This is marvelous !  Smile

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

Edited
6 Years Ago by sonic7
rollasoc
rollasoc
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Woah...  Launching on Christmas Eve, is very brave.    Hopefully, will get some time to play with this over the next few days.

Home built PC:- i9 9900K 32GB RAM, Zotac 1080TI mini.
Band Music:-  https://thehairthieves.bandcamp.com/
Solo Instrumentals:- https://sineglidermusic.bandcamp.com/

Rogue Anime
Rogue Anime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)

Friends - I have just unsuccessfully installed this update: 
v7.4 (7.4.2419.1) released on Dec 24th, 2018
And NOW, my iClone will NOT open without crashing and closing! The hub will not re-install it, as it says I am 'up to date'. ALSO - I cannot find the install patch .exe file in the RL download folder it is supposed to have downloaded to.  THEREFORE, I cannot re-install the 7.4 patch, because I don't physically have it.
Help! Can someone PLEASE post a link to where it may be downloaded and installed manually to hopefully fix this? Dead in the water here.
Naturally, I am stuck right in the middle of something! (I know, shoulda waited... just a reflex action to install updates without thinking. DUH!)

~V~

Val RogueAnanda
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e82de505-c57a-40b9-8cb0-9f87.png

Edited
6 Years Ago by Rogue Anime
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Hmmm, all installed and runs just fine on my end (and I *have* had issues in the past with Hub updates).

If no one else replies to you I'd suggest uninstalling everything, start with the hub first and go again (I had to do this about a month ago and then everything was "healed").

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Rogue Anime
Rogue Anime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)

Thanks Mike! Steve is trying to help me out, I'll keep everyone posted if we can solve it. Very kind of you and Sonic to reply so quickly.  ~V~

Val RogueAnanda

Rogue Anime
Rogue Anime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Well, Mike - It seems after Sonic was kind enough to show me all the other ways to get this done, and it SAYS my update was 'successful', it was NOT! QUESTION: When I re-install the program, will it remember where my additional and custom folders & content remain in place? Aslo, will I need to install updates again?
Thanks for the responses, Mike & Steve

~V~

Val RogueAnanda

sonic7
sonic7
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)

".... When I re-install the program, will it remember where my additional and custom folders & content remain in place? ... "

Maybe someone with the anwser to this question from Val?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

Edited
6 Years Ago by sonic7
Rottadamic
Rottadamic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

man this is the most unstable version ever, it chracht when I wanted to move a character, and now it chacht when I wanted to render, I normally almost never have chraches

My Youtube Channel

Reading This Topic