Profile Picture

New to Iclone and Character Creator 3- issue with fbx and missing hip bone

Posted By darrylwalk357 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

New to Iclone and Character Creator 3- issue with fbx and missing hip...

Author
darrylwalk357
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (160 reputation)Junior Member (160 reputation)Junior Member (160 reputation)Junior Member (160 reputation)Junior Member (160 reputation)Junior Member (160 reputation)Junior Member (160 reputation)Junior Member (160 reputation)Junior Member (160 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hello I just joined the community and purchased cc3 pipeline and icone7,I like the product but the first issues I encountered was that I found I need the 3d exchange to really get some old projects into the program, too bad that is not already built in to the pipeline function that came with cc3, there is a video describing the issue I am having https://youtu.be/0lcI2y4EGmE?t=567 from Reallusion, but that video is from 2016 and an older version...,but I have it in the new version 3 cc and 7 iclone....this fix for the character deform from nonstandard and use the tpose from maya seemed to work in that video.....I have a character from mixamo it does not work with my CC3 to fix the pose and also I get missing hip error when importing the fbx to CC3...is anyone familiar with the..
animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 15 hours ago
CC3 is a character creator tool, not a general import tool. As is stated, it only works with Genesis, Hivewire, and I believe also certain Poser characters, which can be transformed into standard CC3 characters. 

For anything else, you need indeed 3DXchange, which allows you the conversion into nonstandard characters for use in iClone. They are not compatible with Character Creator.

The video would still be relevant to fix any issues with Mixamo characters. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

darrylwalk357
darrylwalk357
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (160 reputation)Junior Member (160 reputation)Junior Member (160 reputation)Junior Member (160 reputation)Junior Member (160 reputation)Junior Member (160 reputation)Junior Member (160 reputation)Junior Member (160 reputation)Junior Member (160 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Great information, I followed the exact steps for the fix and it did not work, do you have an alternative? I did use the 3d exchange route for mixamo, again following the steps verbatim, for now I am going to just use the base characters in cc3 and export from there until I can pin down the reason why this fix from 2 years ago is not working with the current product that I have....are  you able to replicate this---create character using fuse---export to mixamo as unity3d, then attempt to import that fbx without getting a missing hip error, then using the steps in the video to apply the tpose after creating non standard character...I do not believe you will get the same result as in the video...with CC3 and current versions...
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 1 hour ago
Can you supply a download link to the FBX file you are importing into 3DXchange 7 so we can see what is going on. If you don't want to supply the link publicly, feel free to send me private message with the link. 

Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic