Profile Picture

Beginner question on simple 2D props

Posted By mccue2015 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
mccue2015
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (135 reputation)Junior Member (135 reputation)Junior Member (135 reputation)Junior Member (135 reputation)Junior Member (135 reputation)Junior Member (135 reputation)Junior Member (135 reputation)Junior Member (135 reputation)Junior Member (135 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Sorry first of all. 2nd I'm brand new. After hours of chasing my tail I am making a post because I can't find a simple task that I'm trying to do. And I'm unsure if it I can easily do it. I'm making a 2D simple animated head from a real picture. I am ok at still picture editing so I have added a helmet, changed the back ground and got sound in fine. My dilemma is adding a "Cigar". Not a cartoon cigar but a real looking one. Is that possible. I've looked through my files to add on and I can just find "eyes" and "teeth". Online I look at the store and it seems to be all animated kind of stuff. Is there real looking things that are available? Thanks in advance.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 25 minutes ago
Hi...

You have posted this in the CrazyTalk forum so I'm assuming you are using CrazyTalk 8 rather than Crazytalk Animator 3. If that is the case then you can't add accessories to a 2D head in Crazytalk itself.

So if you wish to add a cigar to your character, it will need to be added to the source image before you create your head. This will involve finding a suitable photo of a cigar, and then using your image editing software to cut out the cigar and paste it into your source head image. However you won't be able to place the cigar in the mouth if you plan to have your character is talking, but if the cigar is to be held that shouldn't be a problem.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic