[ iClone 7.4 ] Showcase of Python API for iClone

Posted By Tony (RL) 2 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
justaviking
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (17.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Today @ 2:22 AM
animagic (12/19/2018)
I have never found an explanation why an adequate mirror surface could work under DX9 (not perfect, but usable) but not under DX11. 

"Not perfect, but usable."

That would be vastly better than "nothing."

And please, nobody say Iray is a replacement for a "usable" mirror in the native renderer.  That is a choice we should not have to make.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 7, i7-3770k CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 16GB RAM, Asus P8Z77-V Pro motherboard, 1TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

donald.dade
donald.dade
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (522 reputation)Veteran Member (522 reputation)Veteran Member (522 reputation)Veteran Member (522 reputation)Veteran Member (522 reputation)Veteran Member (522 reputation)Veteran Member (522 reputation)Veteran Member (522 reputation)Veteran Member (522 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
will2power71 (12/18/2018)
I have a question about the Joint Morphing Plugin. The question that comes to mind is where will we need to locate the morphs in order to take advantage of this? Right now, you can have morphs loaded in 3Dxchange, or you can add them later on to the morph animation section? As of right now, you can't easily transfer the morphs from one location to the other so I'd like to know how to construct my figures  to take advantage of it. Another question that comes to mind is whether or not the Joint Morphing plugin is only available for CC3 Characters or will we be able to use this feature with DAZ characters or custom characters you import? 

I'm really interested in knowing this, as well. It's disingenuous at best to say you can import Genesis characters if you leave behind everything that makes a Genesis character great. Without the JCMs, a G8 is just a mesh like any other.

"Where there is a bash prompt, there is a way."

dogged2003
dogged2003
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
donald.dade (12/19/2018)
I'm really interested in knowing this, as well. It's disingenuous at best to say you can import Genesis characters if you leave behind everything that makes a Genesis character great. Without the JCMs, a G8 is just a mesh like any other.

Prompt good documentation on the JCMs.
Thank.

My YouTube channel.
Tony (RL)
Tony (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 5 Months Ago

Said this, you previously mentioned that the GUI is based on QtPy: they have an integrated IDE for the GUI development.
I wonder whether at least this one can be use to build up the GUI before the actual code that takes the control over iClone internal element is run.

Regards

Roberto

Hi Roberto,

Unfortunately, we don't support the integrated IDE for QtPy in the first version of iClone Python API.
But the team already realized that this function is important by your suggestion, and we will consider adding it in the future.
Thank you for the suggestion and please feel free to let us know if you have any question.

Tony
Product Marketing Manager 

www.reallusion.com
Tony (RL)
Tony (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

will2power71 (12/18/2018)
I have a question about the Joint Morphing Plugin. The question that comes to mind is where will we need to locate the morphs in order to take advantage of this? Right now, you can have morphs loaded in 3Dxchange, or you can add them later on to the morph animation section? As of right now, you can't easily transfer the morphs from one location to the other so I'd like to know how to construct my figures  to take advantage of it. Another question that comes to mind is whether or not the Joint Morphing plugin is only available for CC3 Characters or will we be able to use this feature with DAZ characters or custom characters you import? 

Hi will2power71,

The Joint Morphing Plugin is just a showcase for demonstrating Python API for iClone. It can automatically morph characters by applying the morphs you created in iClone.

Tony

www.reallusion.com
RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)

Tony (RL) (12/24/2018)

Said this, you previously mentioned that the GUI is based on QtPy: they have an integrated IDE for the GUI development.
I wonder whether at least this one can be use to build up the GUI before the actual code that takes the control over iClone internal element is run.

Regards

Roberto

Hi Roberto,

Unfortunately, we don't support the integrated IDE for QtPy in the first version of iClone Python API.
But the team already realized that this function is important by your suggestion, and we will consider adding it in the future.
Thank you for the suggestion and please feel free to let us know if you have any question.

Hi Tony,

good news that something might be added in future, thanks.
I am waiting for the release (few days, right? WinkWinkWink) and then I will surely report any suggestions that can help to improve your amazing product.

Regards

Roberto

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO / 
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the VB with an HDMI splitter) / DirectX: 12

Edited
2 Years Ago by RobertoColombo
Tony (RL)
Tony (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

gerdich (12/14/2018)
Me too! I can't wait!

Is the API accessible through .dll calls so that I can access it with Delphi?

I would like to have components that I can redistribute. This would allow me to integrate interactive little iClone animations in my Desktop and Mobile applications.

Hi gerdich,

Yes, you can. Please check out this Documentation to get further information.

Tony

www.reallusion.com
Edited
2 Years Ago by Tony (RL)
Tony (RL)
Tony (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

RobertoColombo (12/24/2018)
Tony (RL) (12/24/2018)

Regards

Roberto

Hi Roberto,

Hi Tony,

These are good news, thanks.
I am waiting for the release (few days, right? WinkWinkWink) and then I will surely report any suggestions that can help to improve your amazing product.

Regards

Roberto

Maybe just few hours Cool

Tony

www.reallusion.com
RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)

SmileSmileSmile

Personally I will be back home in 2 days, no way to check it before but in the meanwhile I can study the docs

Roberto

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO / 
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the VB with an HDMI splitter) / DirectX: 12

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (25.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.0K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Tony (RL) (12/24/2018)

Maybe just few hours Cool

That would be a great Christmas present!

Alienware Aurora R7, Win 10, i7-8700k, 4.7GHz CPU, 32GB RAM, GTX Titan XP (12GB), Samsung 960 Pro 2TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic