Posable Daz Wings

Posted By darkrepast 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
darkrepast
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (570 reputation)Veteran Member (570 reputation)Veteran Member (570 reputation)Veteran Member (570 reputation)Veteran Member (570 reputation)Veteran Member (570 reputation)Veteran Member (570 reputation)Veteran Member (570 reputation)Veteran Member (570 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I've got a bunch of different wing props in Daz. I'm able to import them with a character into CC3 but they appear to be stiff and unable to move. 
Is there something I'm missing? Should I import them with 3DExchange and then attach them later?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
You'll have to be a LOT more specific -- there are many different ways for folks to create wings.

Some of the Daz wings have morphs -- you can import the morphs and use as usual.  Some are rigged -- in those cases XChange is best but you may struggle with the rigging (I know I have on many occasions).

If you let me know which wings in particular you're trying I can be more helpful.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
darkrepast
darkrepast
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (570 reputation)Veteran Member (570 reputation)Veteran Member (570 reputation)Veteran Member (570 reputation)Veteran Member (570 reputation)Veteran Member (570 reputation)Veteran Member (570 reputation)Veteran Member (570 reputation)Veteran Member (570 reputation)

Sure.

I've got the Cyber Wings by Midnight Stories.
I've got the Feathered Wings by 3D Universe.
I also have the Raw Seraphim Wings by RawArt.
They have morphs and such. 
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Actually, none of those sets have any morphs.

They have fit and adjustments and "posing" controls, which aren't the same thing (it's a little deceptive in that they do appear where you might expect to see a morph, but only a morph has a button on it that allows you to see the parameter settings -- pose and fit controls just have sliders).

Now, you *can* create a morph, but it's a royal PITA (just because of the way Daz works -- sorry).  I think you're better off bringing them through XChange rigged as they are, although that's also a PITA (I really hate posing things with bones inside of iClone, but that's just me.  Perhaps you don't have that same issue).  At least that way you can save a motion file (morphs are really better for things that change kind of incrementally -- hard to explain, but if a ball is squashed flat that makes a good morph, but if that ball moves up and down you really can't "morph" it in that manner well).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
darkrepast
darkrepast
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Thanks for the information! I really appreciate it!

Reading This Topic