Character designing Stylised Head variations

Posted By sprecher 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
sprecher
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (584 reputation)Veteran Member (584 reputation)Veteran Member (584 reputation)Veteran Member (584 reputation)Veteran Member (584 reputation)Veteran Member (584 reputation)Veteran Member (584 reputation)Veteran Member (584 reputation)Veteran Member (584 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi,

i am a beguinner to realillusion and their products but have been working with Maya for many years now.
I want to make fast character design Heads/ busts for stzlised characters.

My main question: is character creator the correct package to do this or should i use crazy talk or which package?

- In CC3 can i actually delete the lower body and just have the head that i can customize and export with its blendshapes? I actually dont want the body for this project...

Thanks,

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
You might need to define "fast" a little more.

CC3 will allow you almost completely control over all parameters of shaping the head but will require you to have some outside skills in order to texture it (or some other program).  It comes with textures, of course, but editing those is limited.  Note that it IS free as long as you don't buy the Pipeline version (that version allows you to import avatars from Daz).

CrazyTalk Pipeline (not the basic version) will allow you to take images and create heads from those images quickly but the shaping is very limited.  It will cost you money but you can also use it in conjunction with CC3 by exporting the heads and applying them to CC1/2 characters inside of CC3 and then further shaping them.

If *I* were doing this I'd use the freeware Daz along with a plugin called Headshop which takes images and creates heads from them similar to CT (but far easier and better) and then import them into the Pipeline version of CC3.  You would have to buy Headshop but it's better for this purpose than CT by far.

Regardless of how you end up with the heads in CC3 you can't export *just* the head -- you can "hide" whatever portion of the mesh you want and export it, but the entire figure is still there (although in Maya you could delete the stuff you aren't using easily).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
sprecher
sprecher
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (584 reputation)Veteran Member (584 reputation)Veteran Member (584 reputation)Veteran Member (584 reputation)Veteran Member (584 reputation)Veteran Member (584 reputation)Veteran Member (584 reputation)Veteran Member (584 reputation)Veteran Member (584 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi Mike,

Fast is very relative of course. But yes i can use ps to edit the textures.

I will take a look at the other workflow you mentioned, thank you for that.

Best, Dave

Reading This Topic